Be healthier and happier in 2018, by helping to make Glasgow a better place:
- There are many foodbanks across Glasgow providing much-needed support to those affected by poverty. You can find your local Trussell Trust foodbank here and searching on Facebook is often a good way of finding others in your local area.
- Join together with your neighbours on issues affecting your local area by joining/attending/supporting your local Community Council (opens in new tab)
- Help to care for your local green spaces by joining your nearest ‘Friends of…’ group (opens in new tab) or join the Neighbourhood Improvement Volunteers (opens in new tab) or view our listings of the latest environment opportunities
- Feel safer: find out how some quick, easy steps can help you – by hitting the big green “join” button at Neighbourhood Watch Scotland (opens in new tab)
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
None of these doing it for you? Then why not search for further opportunities available to do in Glasgow?
- Poppy Scotland – Request for Team(s)If your company offers volunteering days to groups of employees – this one might be just what you are looking for! Poppy Scotland is seeking volunteer fundraisers/collectors for Glasgow during the Scottish Poppy Appeal – which runs from October 25th until November 14th. Volunteers will be positioned throughout Glasgow City Centre to collect donations and distribute the ...
- Its a Drop In – but not as we know it!Here at Volunteer Glasgow, we’ve missed people popping into our drop-in days, where we discussed volunteering options over a cuppa! We can’t get back to those good old days just yet, but if you would like to talk to one of us, and you have access to the internet, please drop in and see us over ...
- Saltire Awards for Covid-19 youth volunteering 💖 🙌Great news! We want to ensure that we recognise and support the great efforts of young people helping in their communities, many of whom won’t have volunteered before, and as such Saltire Awards have relaxed the rules on informal volunteering during the Covid-19 crisis. Young people (aged 12-25) can claim awards up to 100 hours’ Saltire ...
- Shape Volunteer Glasgow’s FutureBring your skills in financial management to the team of volunteer Trustees to help improve lives across the city.
- Time to Translate?Time2 English Learning is looking for translations volunteers to support their community education project. Minimum age 18 years. This is a very flexible home based opportunity doing translation work but you can also volunteer as an interpreter in their community venue. For more information click on the link below: Time to Translate
- Opportunities for trainers at Whiteinch CentreWhiteinch Centre is looking for people to fulfil a range of volunteer roles all delivering training to people within the community. If you enjoy working with people, passing on skills, are looking to boost your CV or gain up-to-date experience as a trainer these could be the roles for you! Topics include manual handling, fire safety, ...
- Spark Your Interest?Whiteinch Centre are looking for volunteers over 16 years of age who may be interested in learning how to become a PAT Tester for their community centre. If you would more information click the link below: PAT Tester
- Govan Help, Gaining Skills Event.Govan Help is running a Gaining Skills Event on Wednesday 12th June. bit.ly/2QxmQPB www.fb.com/GovanHELP
- Friendly Computer Wizards!Cranhill Development Trust has enjoyable volunteering opportunities for anyone over the age of 16 years who is computer savvy and willing to share their skills with members of the community. Expenses are paid for this role. Please click the link below: IT Digital Support Volunteers
- Green Fingers Wanted!Cranhill Development Trust is looking for volunteers for their community garden. No experience is necessary – all that is required is enthusiasm and the will to learn how to grow produce. Guidance is provided at all times. Applicants should be over 16 years of age. For more information click the link below. Community Garden Assistant