Volunteer Together as a Team
Volunteering together, as a team, is popular and it’s easy to see why. It is a brilliant way of experiencing something completely different as a group, having fun and crucially achieving something really worthwhile. Whether you are a team of work colleagues, a group of friends, a faith group or even a family – team volunteering is an easy and enjoyable way to get involved and make a difference. If you’re interested in group/team volunteering opportunities you should have a look at the one-off/event opportunities listed below. To make life easy for you we have put together these simple, easy-to-follow Team Volunteering Guidelines.
Team Opportunities for Employees
People who work well together as a team are one of the most valuable assets any employer can have. There are many team building tools available but few are as satisfying, inexpensive and widely beneficial as a community challenge. Rather than spending large amounts of money on a conventional team building day, connecting with a local community-based organisation can provide both employers and teams with many benefits:
- Great value for money
- An outstanding sense of achievement for all who take part
- A real team building experience, impossible to replicate in the training room
- Delivery of your corporate social responsibility policy objectives
More and more companies, big and small, are now seeing the benefits of team volunteering challenges in their local community.
If there’s nothing of interest listed in “Latest team opportunities”, you can:
- Click here to take a look on our volunteer database and what’s on offer across the city – there are currently around 200 opportunities uploaded!
- Complete the “Team Offer Form” below with details on when you would like to volunteer, how many are in your team, what kind of volunteering you would like to do and include any special requirements. We’ll then create a blog which will go out both to subscribing community and charity organisers, and via our email bulletin to 430+ Glasgow based organisations. Groups can then respond with suitable opportunities/tasks. (Please note that this process usually requires at least 6 weeks notice if you have a specific date(s) in mind.)
- Ask us to act as a broker between your company and the host organisation, to source suitable opportunities, and to co-ordinate the arrangements. Email us to request more details.
For more information on our services and any associated fees, take a look at our Team Volunteering Service Menu.
Latest team opportunities:
- What goes around, comes around – volunteer as a team in Merry-go-round’s textiles sorting facility!Merry-go-round can offer your team a flexible volunteering opportunity throughout the year! Merry-go-round would like to invite you and your team to help out at the textiles sorting facility at their hub in the Shawlands area of Glasgow. Here they carry out quality control checks before sizing and sorting items into categories, ready to stock ...