Volunteer Together as a Team
Volunteering together, as a team, is really popular and it’s easy to see why. It is a brilliant way of experiencing something completely different as a group, having fun and crucially achieving something really worthwhile. Whether you are a team of work colleagues, a group of friends, a faith group or even a family – team volunteering is an easy and enjoyable way to get involved and make a difference. If you’re interested in group/team volunteering opportunities you should have a look at the one-off/event opportunities listed below. To make life easy for you we also have a simple, easy-to-follow Team Volunteering Guidelines.
Team Opportunities for Employees
People who work well together as a team are one of the most valuable assets any employer can have. There are many team building tools available but few are as satisfying, inexpensive and widely beneficial as a community challenge. Rather than spending large amounts of money on a conventional team building day, connecting with a local community-based organisation can provide both employers and teams with many benefits:
- Great value for money
- An outstanding sense of achievement for all who take part
- A real team building experience, impossible to replicate in the training room
- Delivery of your corporate social responsibility policy objectives
More and more companies, big and small, are now seeing the benefits of team volunteering challenges in their local community. There is no charge for choosing one of the one-off/event team volunteering opportunities below. (NB: if they happen outside your normal employment hours you should consider time off in lieu arrangements.)
If there’s nothing of interest listed below, email us with your “offer” of support and we’ll consider including it (also free of charge) in our blog with it going out to subscribing community and charity organisers and via email bulletin to 430+ Glasgow based groups and organisations – they can then respond with suitable opportunities/tasks that we don’t already know about which we’ll pass to you to progress and/or blog for other teams. Please note that this process usually requires at least 6 weeks notice if you have a specific date(s) in mind. If you would like Volunteer Glasgow to act as a broker between your company and the host organisation, to source suitable opportunities, and to co-ordinate the arrangements, a fee will apply. Email us to request more details.
Latest team opportunities:
- Count You In? – Team OfferStaff at Nationwide are keen to put down their calculators, step away from their spreadsheets and roll up their sleeves to help a charitiable organisation for a full day in February or March. Do you have a project or piece of work they could help with? Maybe gardening, painting or cleaning? In the past a group ...
- Do Something Wonderful!Prostate Cancer UK is hoping to recruit volunteers to help them sell PIN BADGES on the following dates: Saturday 5th October Sunday 6th October Friday 11th October Saturday 12th October Volunteers will be needed for a couple of hours on one or more of these dates, between the hours of 9am – 10pm. If you are over 16 years of age ...
- Be the Person Who Makes the Difference!Are you creative? Can you run fun activities for older people? Are you over 16 years of age? Do you have a couple of hours to spare between 9 – 5pm any weekday? Deborah from Linthouse Housing Association would love to hear from you whether you are a team of people or if you are an ...
- Fantastic Festival Fun – Request for Teams!Are you a team of colleagues or students looking for a one day challenge that is full of fun and very varied? Are you interested in learning about different cultures and experiencing new ideas? Do you have an interest in the arts? This opportunity will provide you with a wealth of experience in these areas and disciplines! ...