Support your local events, sport and health initiatives
2014 was an historic year for Scotland with both the Referendum and the Commonwealth Games firing people up to get more involved in our local communities.
Be healthier, happier and more employable in 2015, by helping to make Glasgow a better place.
- Take a look at the latest local and city events that are looking for your support listed at the foot of this page.
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
Or see the current opportunities…
- Helping out at sport clubs and projects
- And the many local initiatives fighting to keep us healthier and living longer, more active lives!
Latest one-off/event opportunities:
- If we go down to the woods today!Urban roots is looking for you to support their experienced play-workers. As a volunteer you will help children to enjoy campfires, tree climbing, den building, muddy play, and learning bushcraft skills like firelighting, whittling and campfire cooking. Min age: 16
- Positively Wonderful OpportunitiesPositive Action in Housing has a wide range of new, diverse and exciting opportunities on offer that may be of interest to you. Tim – the Volunteer Coordinator is hosting a volunteering information day from 10am – 1pm on Thursday 23rd November 2017 at PAiH offices at 98 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1PJ. The organization is ...
- flamin’ hot opportunityWest End Festival Torchlight Parade are looking for people to assist the delivery of this challenging but exciting event. Min age 16
- Doo Doo Tron Tron Tron – Doo Doo Tron Tron!!Tron St Mary’s community project in Balornock asks if there is a team of 3 willing volunteers to help them paint a multi purpose creche/small meeting room. The task will be to prepare the walls and emulsion them, prepare the doors, skirting and other woodwork and paint with gloss. This task can be undertaken on any ...
- Tackling techno troublesThe Technology Scotland Squad is here to help people with sight loss with installing, fixing, training and using their home technology.
- Elcho Gardens Clean UpPeople of Calton & Bridgeton – Take part in a Community Clean Up in Elcho Gardens and surrounding streets on Wednesday 23rd March 2 – 4pm. All safety equipment provided and refreshments are free. Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult. Free sweeties available for them too. If you’d like to take ...
- Fancy a cuppa? ☕The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning with tea, coffee, cake & activities is happening in Glasgow on Friday 25th September & you are invited!