Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Take a Bow Glasgow!Volunteers of Glasgow – What a wonderful bunch of people you are! To Those Who Helped If you were one of the people that stepped up and made a commitment to phone someone living alone, if you contributed your time to helping distribute food to people in need, or if you knocked on the door of someone ...
- Bank Holiday ClosureEaster Bank Holiday Closure Volunteer Glasgow will be closed for Easter holidays from Friday 2nd April and will re-open on Tuesday 6th April. If you wish to enquire about volunteering please email: email@example.com If you are a not for profit organisation seeking volunteers please email: firstname.lastname@example.org HAPPY EASTER from everyone at Volunteer Glasgow
- Volunteering during the Covid-19 pandemicWinter: getting through it together. What you should know
- Impact of Funding DecisionsAn update on our services, office move, Games for Good, AGM and getting through the Winter together.
- Impact of Council funding decisionsLike many other third sector organisations in the city, we are expecting delayed decisions very soon from the Council on grant funding for services from 1st October onwards. Although our Befriending & Mentoring Services will be unaffected, if you use (or have an interest in) our Volunteering Services, we’ve provided an update for you on the ...
- The Importance of Volunteering…for Covid-19, recovery and beyond Paul, Kirsty, Suzanne and David reflect on some of the key issues we all need to consider if we want to build on the incredibly positive volunteering responses to the pandemic, to manage an effective recovery and achieve a fairer, wellbeing economy. Thank you! As we celebrate national Volunteers Week, we hope you ...
- 60 Pairs of Willing Hands – Covid 19 AssistanceSt Andrew’s First Aid would like to offer assistance with any efforts to support individuals in their local communities throughout Glasgow during the Covid-19 outbreak. They are a volunteer-led organisation, with groups who meet throughout the city. The organisation has 60 volunteers who are willing to undertake roles wherever they are needed. The volunteers aren’t looking to ...