If your organisation is working with people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways.
If you’d like to know more about Glasgow’s Volunteering Strategy, we have key documents and updates available.
Volunteer Glasgow is a partner in Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface, funded since April 2011 by Scottish Government to provide voluntary/charity/social enterprise organisations and groups with key support services and to help Glasgow’s Third Sector Forum represent the sector in its work with public and private sector partners and the Community Planning Partnership.
We are working with a wide range of partners on the volunteering elements of the Poverty Leadership Panel‘s Action Plan for Change.
Latest News for Partners
- The Smarter Volunteer Manager (SVM) Programme; July 2021Volunteer Glasgow is recruiting for July’s virtual Smarter Volunteer Manager Programme. When you engage with volunteers, it’s easy to feel the pressure, like you’re always, simultaneously, wearing several hats. This training programme, based on Volunteer Glasgow’s Dynamic Model, will help you take the stress out of your day. This programme is for anyone who engages with volunteers, ...
- Take a Bow Glasgow!Volunteers of Glasgow – What a wonderful bunch of people you are! To Those Who Helped If you were one of the people that stepped up and made a commitment to phone someone living alone, if you contributed your time to helping distribute food to people in need, or if you knocked on the door of someone ...
- Bank Holiday ClosureEaster Bank Holiday Closure Volunteer Glasgow will be closed for Easter holidays from Friday 2nd April and will re-open on Tuesday 6th April. If you wish to enquire about volunteering please email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are a not for profit organisation seeking volunteers please email: email@example.com HAPPY EASTER from everyone at Volunteer Glasgow
- Volunteering during the Covid-19 pandemicWinter: getting through it together. What you should know
- Impact of Funding DecisionsAn update on our services, office move, Games for Good, AGM and getting through the Winter together.
- Impact of Council funding decisionsLike many other third sector organisations in the city, we are expecting delayed decisions very soon from the Council on grant funding for services from 1st October onwards. Although our Befriending & Mentoring Services will be unaffected, if you use (or have an interest in) our Volunteering Services, we’ve provided an update for you on the ...
- Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter; calling all Third Sector Organisations in Glasgow!Volunteer Glasgow had originally put out a call for Registrations of Interest for Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter (GVC) in May this year. With hindsight we understand that many Glasgow Third Sector Organisations may not have been in a position to make initial Registrations of Interest for Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter at the time due to Covid-19 protocols. ...