If your organisation is working with people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways.
If you’d like to know more about Glasgow’s Volunteering Strategy, we have key documents and updates available.
Volunteer Glasgow is a partner in Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface, funded since April 2011 by Scottish Government to provide voluntary/charity/social enterprise organisations and groups with key support services and to help Glasgow’s Third Sector Forum represent the sector in its work with public and private sector partners and the Community Planning Partnership.
We are working with a wide range of partners on the volunteering elements of the Poverty Leadership Panel‘s Action Plan for Change.
Latest News for Partners
- The Smarter Volunteer Manager (SVM) Programme; September – October 2021Learn to engage smarter with potential & current volunteers.
- Referral Agency Networking EventsVolunteer Glasgow is hosting a number of networking events to enable Referral Agency workers to get the most up-to-date information on volunteering. These 2 hour events are useful for you and your colleagues. Your service users may benefit from getting involved in volunteering. You need to keep abreast of changes in legislation that may affect your service users ...
- Volunteering during the Covid-19 pandemicWinter: getting through it together. What you should know
- Impact of Funding DecisionsAn update on our services, office move, Games for Good, AGM and getting through the Winter together.
- Impact of Council funding decisionsLike many other third sector organisations in the city, we are expecting delayed decisions very soon from the Council on grant funding for services from 1st October onwards. Although our Befriending & Mentoring Services will be unaffected, if you use (or have an interest in) our Volunteering Services, we’ve provided an update for you on the ...
- Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter; calling all Third Sector Organisations in Glasgow!Volunteer Glasgow had originally put out a call for Registrations of Interest for Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter (GVC) in May this year. With hindsight we understand that many Glasgow Third Sector Organisations may not have been in a position to make initial Registrations of Interest for Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter at the time due to Covid-19 protocols. ...
- COVID19 Volunteering; Information for Volunteer ManagersAt Volunteer Glasgow we have gathered our thoughts on a range of issues facing volunteer involving organisations across the city and provide some hopefully helpful thoughts, advice and guidance. We hope you agree! Key Issues In order to design and deliver effective support services Volunteer Glasgow has recently carried out a series of activities aimed at identifying ...