Organisation Support Ebulletin – 2021 Round-Up!
Welcome to the final Organisation Support e-bulletin of 2021! Full of the latest news, updates and information from Volunteer Glasgow’s Organisation Support team! If you have something relevant to Volunteer Managers that you want us to include in the next e-bulletin in 2022 please let us know.
Advertising Workshops & Volunteer Managers’ Networking Events
Thank you to everyone who attended our online events in 2021. It has been wonderful to hear from so many of you and see volunteer managers from across Glasgow share ideas and make connections. Keep an eye out for more FREE events coming up in early 2022 – we will have more online events but we’re hoping to host more opportunities to meet in person, too!
Smarter Volunteer Managers Training
Our Smarter Volunteer Manager programme will be advertising new dates for early 2022. Read more about SVM via this link !
The SVM programme is designed to be Peer-Led/ Informal learning environment facilitated by Volunteer Glasgow Staff. Therefore, the Training is:
- Learner driven and self-directed.
- A relaxed experience for participants.
- Expands participants’ reference and knowledge points on engaging volunteers.“Do not hesitate to go on this course! Everything from the trainers, the workbooks, the exercises, the peer support and conversations make it an enjoyable and relaxed training experience.” – SVM Participant, May 2021
Organisation Support Team Recruitment
We’re hiring! We’re looking for an Organisation Support Coordinator [VGF/VGG (£21,004 – £26,323 per annum) (FT, 34hrs)] and an Organisation Support Adviser [VGE (£18,874 – £20,429) (FT, 34hrs)] to join our team.
For more information on these roles and how to apply, head over to www.volunteerglasgow.org/jobs/
Open for Applications: Glasgow Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund
- The new £1.79m Glasgow Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund opened for applications on 17 November.
- The grants are funded by the Scottish Government and can support community activities that improve people’s mental wellbeing. They are not intended to support clinical mental health services. Applications are for a maximum of £10,000, which must be spent within two years. Please note that funding is only available for projects delivered solely within the Glasgow City boundary.
- Further information, including guidance on criteria and how to apply, is available on the GCVS website at gcvs.org.uk/wellbeingfund. The first deadline for applications is 10 January 2022.
Access All Areas – Volunteering Special Offer
Are you interested in offering a more inclusive approach to volunteering? Would you like to make your volunteering opportunities more accessible to different people? Jennifer is completely blind and has loads of experience supporting organisations to make their communications more accessible to other visually impaired people. Jennifer is offering to assist organisations by accessing information, apps and websites using screen reading software and offering advice on how to make content more accessible for visually impaired people.
A Wellbeing Economy, Volunteering and the Promise
In a stimulating and challenging presentation to the Volunteer Glasgow AGM, Jimmy Paul from the Wellbeing Economy Alliance explained what the Wellbeing Economy means, and its implications for volunteering generally and for Volunteer Glasgow in particular.
The Impact of Volunteer Glasgow
Recently, we asked people about the impact of their experiences with Volunteer Glasgow. We heard from befrienders, volunteer managers, and volunteers, including the Chair of Volunteer Glasgow’s board of directors! We’d like to give a huge thank you to everyone who shared their stories about the many ways that their experiences with Volunteer Glasgow have had a positive impact.
New Staff and Role Changes
We’d like to introduce some new staff who have recently joined the Volunteer Glasgow team! A huge welcome to Eliza Gearty and Robyn Dunbar-Smith , who have joined our Engagement & Inclusion team as Advisors, and to Jenny Kiernan, who has joined our Befriending & Mentoring team as intandem Youth Mentoring Services Support Worker.
In the OS team, Tracey Stone has recently taken up the role of Organisation Support Manager, with Kate Hughes taking on Organisation Support Coordinator.
We’re looking forward to working together in 2022 and beyond!
Please note that we are closed from 24th December to the 5th January – there may be a delay in response to your enquiry as we are working with a skeleton team from the 5th until the 10th January.
From everyone at Volunteer Glasgow, we wish you a happy and peaceful festive season and keep an eye out for updates and campaigns in 2022!