Organisation Ebulletin 26th April 2021
Welcome to our new monthly ebulletin keeping you informed with our latest news, relevant updates and information sharing
Volunteer Glasgow News
New communications launch!
Thank you to everyone who took part in our recent survey. Your feedback is important to help us ensure that we are giving you the service that you want from us.
- Monthly Ebulletin – Any organisation registered with us can receive our monthly ebulletin and relevant notification emails.Please feel free to share this with your network.
- SLACK – We will host an online forum to help you to connect and engage in helpful discussions with peer Volunteer Managers in Glasgow.
- Themed Networking Events – Alongside our popular quarterly Volunteer Manager Networking Events, we are looking at hosting additional themed events and your suggestions of what you want them to be, have been fantastic.
New SLACK for Volunteer Managers working in Glasgow
A forum has been requested time and again at our networking events and confirmed in our recent survey and we have listened.
This will be a safe space to gain advice, give advice, share news and take part in discussions. Like the networking events it will be a fantastic opportunity to share and connect with your peers. As a collective there is a wealth of knowledge and experience from small grassroots projects to larger national organisations. We are keen to facilitate this so all can benefit. We will of course be on there as well to add to discussion and share news but we are keen that this is your space.
Click on the the following link to read our blog about Slack.
Join us for our FREE two hour online interactive workshop, you can learn how to improve the effectiveness of your volunteering advertising.
You will learn how to:
- Create stand out, impressive complete volunteer adverts
- Think from potential volunteer’s perspective
- Take a more inclusive approach
- Meet other Volunteer Managers and get to know the Organisation Support Team
Next date – 27th May 2021, 10-12
Smarter Volunteer Managers Training
We have just successfully completed a trial of our updated interactive online Smarter Volunteer Managers training with excellent evaluation feedback.
The SVM programme is designed to be Peer Led/ Informal learning environment facilitated by Volunteer Glasgow Staff. Therefore, the Training is:
- Learner driven and self-directed.
- A relaxed experience for participants.
- Expands participants’ reference and knowledge points on engaging volunteers.
There is now a group admin function on the new Saltire Awards website where you can add your young volunteers’ hours and produce their certificates. If you would like more information on this, and a quick demonstration, please email: email@example.com.
I would ask you to encourage your young volunteers to log their hours and claim certificates if they have their own account, or if you would like to do it for them, as a group admin, please get in touch.
Don’t forget Saltire hours can be backdated for up to 2 years so hopefully no young volunteer will lose out!
News from across the sector
PVG now digital
Disclosure Scotland has launched a new digital process for PVG Applications. This should provide a quicker turnaround time for PVG applications. Click on this link to find out more and apply.
New Impact Funding Partners Fund
Impact Funding Partners have launched a brand-new fund to help combat social isolation and loneliness across Scotland. Applications are open now!