Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘ tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Latest news for volunteer managers:
- Organisation Support Team – 2022 in review, and how we can help your organisation in the new year.🌟 Happy Holidays from The Organisation Support Team🌟 This year has been a difficult one for many, with lots of ups and downs! We wanted to take this chance to thank you all for your continued support and engagement, and to let you know that Volunteer Glasgow are on hand to help you with anything and ...
- The Smarter Volunteer Manager (SVM) Programme; February – March 2022Learn to engage smarter with potential & current volunteers.
- The Smarter Volunteer Manager (SVM) Programme; November – December 2021Learn to engage smarter with potential & current volunteers.
- The Impact of Training & Networking – Karlean BourneWe spoke to Karlean Bourne, Front of House Manager at Glasgow Film Theatre and Glasgow Film Festival, shares her experience of Volunteer Glasgow’s Organisation Support services with a focus on the Smarter Volunteer Managers Training Programme. You can find the full transcript of the interview below: My name is Karlean Marie Bourne and I am the volunteer co-ordinator for ...
- Update: Coronavirus (Covid-19) and Glasgow’s response17th April – emerging needs and developments