Advertise your opportunities here for free, because…
- During 2021/22, there were over 36,000 unique visitors to our online opportunity search service with thousands of registrations of interest in hundreds of volunteer-involving organisations across the city.
- Each year our team provides guidance to thousands of Glasgow residents who are looking for volunteering opportunities which match their needs and interests.
- Every opportunity published on our site will also be further promoted to over 17,000 people and partner agencies that subscribe to our social media platforms and email subscription services.
- 94% of groups, organisations and clubs rated our opportunity advertising services as ‘good’ or ‘excellent’, and 56% of all those groups’ new volunteers came via Volunteer Glasgow services.
- “We advertised for bookstore assistants through volunteerglasgow.org and within 2 weeks we were inundated with enquiries from potential volunteers! It was fabulous.” – Gillian, Oxfam
- The service is free of charge as it is part funded by Glasgow City Council and Scottish Government.
So How Does it Work?
Register as a provider in as little as 10 minutes.
You will then immediately be able to create, publish and manage your opportunities.
You will also be able to:
- Manage registrations of potential volunteers.
- Manage recruitment, selection and communications with volunteers.
- Schedule training sessions and manage attendance.
- Verify volunteers’ hours and obtain their feedback.
- Manage and report on all the relevant data associated with the above securely.
All opportunities created on opportunities.volunteerglasgow.org require to be checked and authorised by a member of our Volunteering Team prior to publication. We will endeavour to ensure this happens within 3 working days. We will not normally advertise your opportunities if any of the following applies:
- The opportunity cannot be undertaken in the Glasgow local authority area and/or does not benefit Glasgow LAA residents: you can find details of our sister Volunteer Centre/Third Sector Interface services across Scotland on the Volunteer Scotland web site
- The opportunity is provided by a profit-making, private sector company.
- The opportunity and/or provider does not appear to be compliant with health & safety, charity, protection of vulnerable groups and/or any other relevant legislation.
- The opportunity and/or provider does not appear to have appropriate insurance cover in place.
- The opportunity is not – in our view – an appropriate volunteering role.
- The advert and/or opportunity is poorly designed and is unlikely to offer a quality experience.
Create your online account
- In order to help you create effective opportunity adverts and to help us get them online for you as quickly as possible it is important that you first view/download our User Guide by clicking on this link:Volunteer Glasgow Digital Advertising Services Guide
- Open up the app by clicking this link: opportunities.volunteerglasgow.org (opens in new browser window/tab)
- If you’re using a desktop PC/Mac web browser, click on the blue “Need Volunteers” button.
- If you’re on a mobile device, click on the drop down menu and choose, “Register”.
Benefit from Big Business support
- Scores of teams also hit this website every year looking for one-off/event opportunities
- Click here for more info, to advertise your ‘challenges’ to these teams, and to find out how to make connections!