Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
Over the past year we have developed workshops, resources and events to provide them online so they are accessible to you. Click here for the full list of services for Volunteer Managers with workshop/training dates
Download our Get the Most from Volunteer Glasgow PDF document, which outlines our full range of volunteering services for volunteer involving organisations, referral organisations and individuals that wish to volunteer.
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- The Smarter Volunteer Manager (SVM) Programme; July 2021Volunteer Glasgow is recruiting for July’s virtual Smarter Volunteer Manager Programme. When you engage with volunteers, it’s easy to feel the pressure, like you’re always, simultaneously, wearing several hats. This training programme, based on Volunteer Glasgow’s Dynamic Model, will help you take the stress out of your day. This programme is for anyone who engages with volunteers, ...
- Organisation Ebulletin 1st June 2021Welcome to our second monthly ebulletin for June keeping you informed with our latest news, relevant updates and information sharing. Volunteer Glasgow News Volunteers’ Week 2021 Today marks the first day of Volunteers’ Week 2021! Volunteer involving organisations across the country are making sure to thank volunteers for all of their amazing efforts. There are fantastic free resources ...
- Volunteer Management after LockdownThank you to all that attended our ‘Volunteer Management after Lockdown’ themed networking event last week. There were many insightful conversations, peer support and ideas discussed under the topics below. Here are some key points and ideas: Volunteers Returning Risk Assessments were a natural focus as many of us are preparing for returning to face-to-face volunteering. Here are some resources ...
- Take a Bow Glasgow!Volunteers of Glasgow – What a wonderful bunch of people you are! To Those Who Helped If you were one of the people that stepped up and made a commitment to phone someone living alone, if you contributed your time to helping distribute food to people in need, or if you knocked on the door of someone ...
- Organisation Ebulletin 26th April 2021Welcome to our new monthly ebulletin keeping you informed with our latest news, relevant updates and information sharing Volunteer Glasgow News New communications launch! Thank you to everyone who took part in our recent survey. Your feedback is important to help us ensure that we are giving you the service that you want from us. Monthly Ebulletin – Any ...
- New online forum for Volunteer ManagersWe are launching a SLACK workspace for Volunteer Managers working in Glasgow Sign up and join in the conversations with your peers in this new SLACK workspace A forum has been requested time and again at our popular networking events and we have listened. If you are new to SLACK, it is a free online channel based ...
- Bank Holiday ClosureEaster Bank Holiday Closure Volunteer Glasgow will be closed for Easter holidays from Friday 2nd April and will re-open on Tuesday 6th April. If you wish to enquire about volunteering please email: email@example.com If you are a not for profit organisation seeking volunteers please email: firstname.lastname@example.org HAPPY EASTER from everyone at Volunteer Glasgow
- Volunteering during the Covid-19 pandemicWinter: getting through it together. What you should know