Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
Over the past year we have developed workshops, resources and events to provide them online so they are accessible to you. Click here for the full list of services for Volunteer Managers with workshop/training dates
Download our Get the Most from Volunteer Glasgow PDF document, which outlines our full range of volunteering services for volunteer involving organisations, referral organisations and individuals that wish to volunteer.
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Organisation Ebulletin 30th AugustWelcome to our Monthly Ebulletin for September keeping you informed with latest news, relevant updates and information sharing. If you have something relevant to Volunteer Managers that you want us to include in the next ebulletin please let us know. Networking Events Survey Results and Plans Thank you to everyone that took part in our latest survey ...
- The Smarter Volunteer Manager (SVM) Programme; September – October 2021Learn to engage smarter with potential & current volunteers.
- Its a Drop In – but not as we know it!Here at Volunteer Glasgow, we’ve missed people popping into our drop-in days, where we discussed volunteering options over a cuppa! We can’t get back to those good old days just yet, but if you would like to talk to one of us, and you have access to the internet, please drop in and see us over ...
- Organisation Ebulletin 26th JulyOur Monthly Ebulletin for August keeping you informed with latest news, relevant updates and information sharing.
- Referral Agency Networking EventsVolunteer Glasgow is hosting a number of networking events to enable Referral Agency workers to get the most up-to-date information on volunteering. These 2 hour events are useful for you and your colleagues. Your service users may benefit from getting involved in volunteering. You need to keep abreast of changes in legislation that may affect your service users ...
- Organisation Ebulletin 28th JuneWelcome to our Monthly Ebulletin for July keeping you informed with latest news, relevant updates and information sharing. If you have something relevant to Volunteer Managers that you want us to include in the next ebulletin please let us know. Volunteer Glasgow News Will Volunteering affect my DWP benefits?… As a Volunteer Manager, you may have been asked ...
- Organisation Ebulletin 1st June 2021Welcome to our second monthly ebulletin for June keeping you informed with our latest news, relevant updates and information sharing. Volunteer Glasgow News Volunteers’ Week 2021 Today marks the first day of Volunteers’ Week 2021! Volunteer involving organisations across the country are making sure to thank volunteers for all of their amazing efforts. There are fantastic free resources ...
- Volunteer Management after LockdownThank you to all that attended our ‘Volunteer Management after Lockdown’ themed networking event last week. There were many insightful conversations, peer support and ideas discussed under the topics below. Here are some key points and ideas: Volunteers Returning Risk Assessments were a natural focus as many of us are preparing for returning to face-to-face volunteering. Here are some resources ...