Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)Get the most from VG
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Volunteers’ Week 1st – 7th June 2020: Express Gratitude Volunteer Glasgow hopes that you are all staying safe and healthy during these unprecedented times. Despite the challenging circumstances, the last few weeks have passed very quickly and, as you will hopefully be aware, national Volunteers’ Week is fast approaching – it takes place from 1st – 7th June. Due to circumstances, this year’s event ...
- Up to 30 days assistance – Team Offer The Home Office has a team of 5 who can offer between them 25-30 days (or nights) volunteering to any charity or community organisation in Glasgow who needs a bit of help.
- Play Therapy – Special Offer Volunteer Okay – if you manage or work for a charity – you know its not business as usual at the moment – but you may be undertaking a bit of forward planning of services for after lockdown ends – so this special offer may be of interest. Hannah is hoping to offer her skills as a ...
- Sew nice to have your support – Volunteer Special Offer! Julie is offering her skills as a machinest to help make or sew protective equipment such as visors or scrubs for frontline staff during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Volunteer Managers Networking Events – Book Now! Even in these unique and challenging times, Volunteer Glasgow is here to help and as part of that we are pleased to announce that we will be hosting a series of online networking events (via ZOOM) for volunteer managers in May. We hope you agree that networking is possibly even more important now than ever ...
- Up to 30 Days of Assistance – Team Offer There’s a team of 5 workers from the Home Office who can offer between them 25-30 days (or nights) volunteering to any charity or community organisation in Glasgow who needs a bit of help. The team are willing to work weekends and/or night shifts and will consider any task that needs done. They can’t help with money ...
- 60 Pairs of Willing Hands – Covid 19 Assistance St Andrew’s First Aid would like to offer assistance with any efforts to support individuals in their local communities throughout Glasgow during the Covid-19 outbreak. They are a volunteer-led organisation, with groups who meet throughout the city. The organisation has 60 volunteers who are willing to undertake roles wherever they are needed. The volunteers aren’t looking to ...
- Update: Coronavirus (Covid-19) and Glasgow’s response 17th April – emerging needs and developments