Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers - or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them - then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
Over the last few months we have developed workshops, resources and events to provide them online so they are accessible to you. Click here for the full list of services for Volunteer Managers with workshop/training dates
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can't afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help - there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we've listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you're from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you're running a youth group/club you might want to try the 'Raising your Game'tool kit. Support, Networking and Training - managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy - what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- The Smarter Volunteer Manager (SVM) Programme; May 2021The Smarter Volunteer Manager Programme a training programme for managers of volunteering programmes, strategic lead officers, and members of governing bodies.
- Bank Holiday ClosureEaster Bank Holiday Closure Volunteer Glasgow will be closed for Easter holidays from Friday 2nd April and will re-open on Tuesday 6th April. If you wish to enquire about volunteering please email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are a not for profit organisation seeking volunteers please email: email@example.com HAPPY EASTER from everyone at Volunteer Glasgow
- Volunteering during the Covid-19 pandemicWinter: getting through it together. What you should know
- Impact of Funding DecisionsAn update on our services, office move, Games for Good, AGM and getting through the Winter together.
- Impact of Council funding decisionsLike many other third sector organisations in the city, we are expecting delayed decisions very soon from the Council on grant funding for services from 1st October onwards. Although our Befriending & Mentoring Services will be unaffected, if you use (or have an interest in) our Volunteering Services, we’ve provided an update for you on the ...
- Our new online organisation support services!Volunteer Glasgow's Organisations Support Team are ready to support you with your volunteering needs. Whether you are starting out with involving volunteers, looking to develop your volunteering programme or just keen to connect with the volunteers you need. Over the last few months we have developed workshops, resources and events to provide them online so ...
- Re-opening post lockdown adviceAs organisations are starting to re-open premises after lockdown, there are many questions/issues to consider regarding safeguarding advice. We have shared some links to useful resources and shared some of our own measures that we will implement.
- Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter; calling all Third Sector Organisations in Glasgow!Volunteer Glasgow had originally put out a call for Registrations of Interest for Glasgow's Volunteering Charter (GVC) in May this year. With hindsight we understand that many Glasgow Third Sector Organisations may not have been in a position to make initial Registrations of Interest for Glasgow's Volunteering Charter at the time due to Covid-19 protocols. ...