Impact Report 2019
Volunteering: local area partnerships
Pollokshields & Southside Central Volunteering Initiative
- 104 people living in Pollokshields and Southside Central were supported to sustain community/voluntary groups or social enterprises by building their capacity, confidence, resilience and skills over the long term.
- 71 adults completed a South East Glasgow Volunteering Taster Programme, gaining increased skills and confidence through practical experience of volunteering opportunities available within their community.
- The project continues to work with a wide range of partner agencies that refer their service users into both the Taster Programme and one-to-one support/guidance. These partners come from a variety of sectors including employability, health/social care, housing and education. Examples include Jobs & Business Glasgow, City of Glasgow College, Florence Street Resource Centre, Leverndale Hospital and the Scottish Refugee Council, Glasgow Clyde College, Holyrood Secondary School and the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
- The initiative is supported with funding from Glasgow Community Planning Partnership (IGF).
- In partnership with Yoker Community Campus, we provided the volunteering element of the INCLUDED project which is supported by the National Lottery Community Fund.
- Our part-time Co-ordinator is embedded in the INCLUDED team at the Campus and has enabled the project to successfully recruit, select and train 22 people who have volunteered to provide invaluable support for 139 local people to participate successfully in the programme.
- In 2018/19, INCLUDED participants were supported to get involved in at least one new activity that they’d never tried before, such as football, the Yoker allotment, drama workshops, joinery, upcycling and print design.