Be healthier and happier in 2018, by helping to make Glasgow a better place:
- There are many foodbanks across Glasgow providing much-needed support to those affected by poverty. You can find your local Trussell Trust foodbank here and searching on Facebook is often a good way of finding others in your local area.
- Join together with your neighbours on issues affecting your local area by joining/attending/supporting your local Community Council (opens in new tab)
- Help to care for your local green spaces by joining your nearest ‘Friends of…’ group (opens in new tab) or join the Neighbourhood Improvement Volunteers (opens in new tab) or view our listings of the latest environment opportunities
- Feel safer: find out how some quick, easy steps can help you – by hitting the big green “join” button at Neighbourhood Watch Scotland (opens in new tab)
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
None of these doing it for you? Then why not search for further opportunities available to do in Glasgow?
- Ready for Reception?! ☎️ A great opportunity to gain experience in a reception role whilst being part of a warm and friendly team. You will also have the opportunity to meet a wide range of people from different cultures and backgrounds. If you are looking to get stuck in and start away then this is the opportunity for you! Minimum age ...
- Muck in for Mental Health Glasgow’s NHS Mental Health Service seeks many helping hands for its Meander for Mental Health event taking place this September in the grounds of Leverndale Hospital
- Mentor a Veteran TimeBank’s new exciting Shoulder to Shoulder Online project supports ex-Service men and women living in Scotland who are in recovery from mental health issues or having difficulty in civilian life – and support for families too. You can join our enthusiastic team and help to provide online mentor support to a veteran or family ...
- Use your mechanic skills! The Caledonian Crushers wheelchair rugby club require a mechanic to help maintain equipment. As a volunteer you will be apart of our enthusiastic team and you should have experience in bicycle or wheelchair maintenance, also be adept at changing tyres as we have a lot of punctures in wheelchair rugby. Min age: 16
- Supporting South Lanarkshire’s National Autistic Society National Autistic Society – South Lanarkshire branch has several roles on offer depending on your skills and how much time you are willing to offer.
- No Life Half Lived! Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland are recruiting up to five fantastic Trustees to lead the charity’s efforts to ensure there is No Life Half Lived in Scotland. Would you be interested in applying?
- Support for victims and witnesses of crime Being a victim or a witness of crime can be a confusing and stressful experience for many people. Victim Support Scotland (VSS) volunteers provide a helpline and web chat service which can provide emotional support, practical help, information and guidance for those who approach us.
- Winter is Calling – Team Challenge Are you a team looking for a rewarding challenge? Are you available on 5th & 6th November? (Dates are flexible – contact Barbara for further details). Street Connect is looking for a team or teams to help do street work with the homeless in Glasgow City Centre. Teams responding to this challenge will be asked to distribute ...
- Fundraising and Events Flexible opportunities which help increase awareness of the Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity and raise valuable funds to help babies, children and young people. There are a whole range of exciting activities to get involved with as a Fundraising Volunteer – every event is different. You could find yourself supporting a flagship event like the popular Sponsored Walk or ...
- Get Involved Glasgow Host City is looking for volunteers for their three upcoming events: LEN European Short Course Swimming Championships taking place in December this year, followed by LGT World Men’s Curling Championship in March 2020 and then UEFA Euro 2020 taking place in June/July next year. Min age: 16