Be healthier and happier in 2018, by helping to make Glasgow a better place:
- There are many foodbanks across Glasgow providing much-needed support to those affected by poverty. You can find your local Trussell Trust foodbank here and searching on Facebook is often a good way of finding others in your local area.
- Join together with your neighbours on issues affecting your local area by joining/attending/supporting your local Community Council (opens in new tab)
- Help to care for your local green spaces by joining your nearest ‘Friends of…’ group (opens in new tab) or join the Neighbourhood Improvement Volunteers (opens in new tab) or view our listings of the latest environment opportunities
- Feel safer: find out how some quick, easy steps can help you – by hitting the big green “join” button at Neighbourhood Watch Scotland (opens in new tab)
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
None of these doing it for you? Then why not search for further opportunities available to do in Glasgow?
- Adviser Alert 🚨 At advice.scot, you will get the opportunity to give back to every single person you deal with, whether it is on the phone, on Facebook, Live Chat, email, or even helping out one of the chatbots. You will develop new skills, and meet people from the length and breadth of the City. In return for your valuable ...
- Look at Loop Theatre! 🎭 Are you a young person age 17-26 looking for an exciting, creative role where you can build skills and make a positive contribution to inclusive theatre.
- Glide Across The Clyde on a Zip Slide! Glasgow’s Gollden Generation is hoping for lots of volunteers to step up and help them raise funds whilst having a great deal of fun. Interested? Click the link for an exciting opportunity to Glide Across The Clyde On A Zip Slide! Glide Across The Clyde
- Grow as a Volunteer Dot to Dot Maryhill Community Garden are looking for people who want to become a member to the Garden and help with hands on tasks like building planters, a greenhouse, steps and grow vegetables as well. No experience needed! Min age 18
- Glasgow Mela Festival 2019 Scotland’s biggest multi-cultural festival of music, dance, arts and food, returns to Kelvingrove Park. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to volunteer with the Glasgow Mela Festival on the 23 June! Min age 18
- Click for Clic Sargent Clic Sargent has a lovely volunteering opportunity for someone over 18 years of age who loves all things techy and has a few hours to spare every month. The post is for someone who can update all things IT and electronic once a month. Clic Sargent houses are havens for families with children undertaking cancer ...
- Campaigning for Glasgow If you’d like to help New Glasgow Society do more to promote and protect Glasgow, its built architecture, streets and cultural life, please make yourself heard and join the Committee. Min age 16
- Sport Support Are you looking to do some volunteering over the summer? Why not help young people to participate in group activities to build their skills and confidence? Aberlour are currently looking for volunteers with experience in a range of sports and community activities. This could include football and play activities which can help improve the health and social ...
- Do something special this summer! Be part of the team to deliver a new exciting festival exploring the art and culture of Sufism 28th July. There are a wide range of roles available on the lead up and during the event. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity, deadline is on the 21st June!
- Glasgow City Wide Volunteering Works Programme. We are recruiting candidates for our upcoming June – July 2019, Glasgow City Wide Volunteering Works Programme If you are 18+ why not discover volunteering as an employability route. Candidates can realize that their volunteering can be a positive route back into future employment in the completion of SQA Employability Award Level 4 All sessions are held ...