Be healthier and happier in 2017, by helping to make Glasgow a better place:
- There are many foodbanks across Glasgow providing much-needed support to those affected by poverty. You can find your local Trussell Trust foodbank here and searching on Facebook is often a good way of finding others in your local area.
- Join together with your neighbours on issues affecting your local area by joining/attending/supporting your local Community Council (opens in new tab)
- Help to care for your local green spaces by joining your nearest ‘Friends of…’ group (opens in new tab) or join the Neighbourhood Improvement Volunteers (opens in new tab) or view our listings of the latest environment opportunities
- Feel safer: find out how some quick, easy steps can help you – by hitting the big green “join” button at Neighbourhood Watch Scotland (opens in new tab)
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
None of these doing it for you? Then why not search for further opportunities available to do in Glasgow?
- A Novel Opportunity! Aye Write! are looking for a team of volunteers to help out at this year’s Aye Write! & Wee Write! Glasgow’s Book Festivals.
- Promote McKenzie Friends Use your PR skills to help raise the profile of McKenzie Friends Plus a young but ambitious new charity. Min age 16
- Teenager Cancer Trust at RFC Teenager Cancer Trust are delighted to be working with Rangers Football Club at the wonderful Ibrox Stadium, and involve enthusiastic volunteers to raise funds. Min age 16
- Savvy with Social Media? The Living Room @ The Space are looking for someone who is interested in and enthusiastic about social media to keep the Glasgow community and the world up to date with all the things happening in the volunteer run cafe in the East End of Glasgow.
- Know your way round a computer? Good with social media? Want to develop your knowledge/experience of website maintenance? And/or of using social media to promote a great cause? You need to be 16 or over.
- Have Fun Fundraising The Scottish Refugee Council has a volunteering opportunity for an experienced fundraiser/events coordinator. Are you the person to fill this role? If you have experience in this area and would like to contribute your time then please click the link for further information. You must be over 18 years of age to undertake this role. Community Events ...
- Are You The One? The Shaw Trust is looking for an experienced Life and Career Coach to volunteer in their Glasgow offices. For more information click the link. Life & Career Coach
- Board Members – Scottish Writers Centre The Scottish Writers Centre is seeking new Board Members aged 35 years of age or over. Click the link for more information. Board Members
- Baby Baby Baby Oh!! Anyone interested in volunteering with babies and parents during sensory play sessions might like this role. The role is offered by 3D Drumchapel and is open to anyone aged 16 years or over. Click the link to learn more. Baby & Me Volunteer
- Playtime – Family Time! 3D Drumchapel has volunteering opportunities for people over 16 years of age who are interested in gaining skills in childcare and family participation. Click the link for more information. Parent & Child Volunteer