Be healthier and happier in 2017, by helping to make Glasgow a better place:
- There are many foodbanks across Glasgow providing much-needed support to those affected by poverty. You can find your local Trussell Trust foodbank here and searching on Facebook is often a good way of finding others in your local area.
- Join together with your neighbours on issues affecting your local area by joining/attending/supporting your local Community Council (opens in new tab)
- Help to care for your local green spaces by joining your nearest ‘Friends of…’ group (opens in new tab) or join the Neighbourhood Improvement Volunteers (opens in new tab) or view our listings of the latest environment opportunities
- Feel safer: find out how some quick, easy steps can help you – by hitting the big green “join” button at Neighbourhood Watch Scotland (opens in new tab)
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
None of these doing it for you? Then why not search for further opportunities available to do in Glasgow?
- Volunteer Engagement, Nature and … RSPB = put them all together and you have a rather interesting role! Min age 18
- Lights, Camera, Action – Take One Help Take One Action Film Festival celebrate their 10th Anniversary by volunteering at their film festival in September. If you are 18-30 years old a bit of a film buff and passionate about the environment you might want to read on! Are you available to contribute your time for 6 shifts between ...
- Asylum Seekers and Refugees Welcome To asylum seekers and refugees, you are invited to the Scottish Refugee Council’s information session on volunteering opportunities on Thursday 30 March at 2 pm until 4 pm
- Help in 3D If you are interested in supporting children and families and/or health and well-being, here is an opportunity at 3D Drumchapel. Min age 16
- Grey Matter Wanted! Are you over 18 years of age and interested in an intellectually stimulating volunteering role? MCS Ethics Committee at the University of West of Scotland (Paisley Campus) is looking for two new members for their Ethics Committee. Applicants for this role should have an understanding of University level papers and protocols. Click on the link for ...
- The Big Variety Shop Help save Glasgow’s oldest surviving working class entertainment venue and help bring awareness off the project to many customers and potential patrons. At the Britannia Panopticon charity shop you can have great fun, learn lots and help a local cause.
- An exciting leadership role An exciting and important leadership role with Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol & Drugs, leading their first ever Fundraising Committee. If you are organised, enthusiastic and have lots of ideas for fundraising this role is perfect for you! You need to be 18 or over.
- A taste of volunteering with the Beatson Three weekend opportunities in April to get a taste of volunteering with the Beatson Cancer Charity! – bucket collecting and bag packing for a great cause. You need to be 16 or over, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Experienced Gardener Have a passion for growing? Help Community Safety Glasgow – Recreate Project develop a new growing space in Bellahouston Community Garden. Min age 18
- Tramway Arts Assistant Be involved in this exciting international art-space! Applications are welcome from speakers of most common non-English languages spoken in local area also from people with disabilities. Min age 16