Be healthier and happier in 2017, by helping to make Glasgow a better place:
- There are many foodbanks across Glasgow providing much-needed support to those affected by poverty. You can find your local Trussell Trust foodbank here and searching on Facebook is often a good way of finding others in your local area.
- Join together with your neighbours on issues affecting your local area by joining/attending/supporting your local Community Council (opens in new tab)
- Help to care for your local green spaces by joining your nearest ‘Friends of…’ group (opens in new tab) or join the Neighbourhood Improvement Volunteers (opens in new tab) or view our listings of the latest environment opportunities
- Feel safer: find out how some quick, easy steps can help you – by hitting the big green “join” button at Neighbourhood Watch Scotland (opens in new tab)
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
None of these doing it for you? Then why not search for further opportunities available to do in Glasgow?
- Community Connectors – Are You One? GCVS is looking for volunteers over 18 years of age to help launch their innovative new Buddying service, which will provide targeted support to older people, and people who care for older people. Buddy volunteers will assist older people to take steps to improve their health and well-being by helping them achieve goals. This could ...
- Counting On YOU! The Pollokshields Trust is looking for a Book-keeper. If you are over 18 years of age and have experience of book-keeping this role may be of interest to you. For further details click the link below. Book-Keeper
- Marshal for Maggies Maggies are having a Culture Crawl Fundraising Event and are in need of Event Marshals to help set-up, decorate the venues and provide general support and direction to those participating in the walk. This is a fabulous evening event full of fun, food and culture and it’s happening on the 29th September. It will be ...
- Pedal for Scotland 2017 Pedal For Scotland the biggest bike event in Scotland is running on Sunday, 10th September 2017. Be involved and get a chance to see 8000 cyclists. Min age 18.
- Summer fun…and beyond! Gain experience while having fun volunteering with children from tiny to teenagers with Central and West Integration Network’s Youth Project. Min age 16/18. CWIN have 2 opportunities available, one in their Creche and one in their Summer Programme for young people aged 8-18. Both opportunities promise to be full of fun and adventures in a space ...
- Make The Garden Grow! Loretto Care is looking for 2 garden mentors to assist staff to teach residents how to make their garden bloom and grow. The opportunity is available to experienced gardeners over 16 years of age. This opportunity takes place at Loretto Court in Maryhill. For more information click the link below. Gardening Mentor
- Help Yourself Grow Award Hidden Gardens are looking for your help to assist a group of young adults with learning disabilities working towards their Help Yourself Grow AWARD. Min age:18
- Graphic Designer/Artist? Help raise funds for Cerebal Palsy by designing an eye catching logo. See your design travel through northern and eastern Europe!
- Be a Grand Friend Aged 16 or over, your role as a befriender for The No.1 Be-friending Agency, you will help older people feel a part of their community whilst you gain important skills and knowledge.
- Hit the Kerb and Raise Funds a great opportunity to fund-raise for The Pavement’s printed and online magazine targeted at homeless demographics where you will be given support and training if you are 18 or over