Be healthier and happier in 2018, by helping to make Glasgow a better place:
- There are many foodbanks across Glasgow providing much-needed support to those affected by poverty. You can find your local Trussell Trust foodbank here and searching on Facebook is often a good way of finding others in your local area.
- Join together with your neighbours on issues affecting your local area by joining/attending/supporting your local Community Council (opens in new tab)
- Help to care for your local green spaces by joining your nearest ‘Friends of…’ group (opens in new tab) or join the Neighbourhood Improvement Volunteers (opens in new tab) or view our listings of the latest environment opportunities
- Feel safer: find out how some quick, easy steps can help you – by hitting the big green “join” button at Neighbourhood Watch Scotland (opens in new tab)
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
None of these doing it for you? Then why not search for further opportunities available to do in Glasgow?
- Direct Sustainability! Apparel Xchange is looking for volunteers with a variety of professional skills to become Board Directors in their rapidly expanding Community Interest Company. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in the environment, upcycling and affordability for all. For further information please click the link below: Director/Member
- Help Make The World A Better Place Freedom from Torture is looking for volunteers with admin/reception and data entry experience. Contributing your time to the project’s Glasgow office will help to provide a warm, welcoming and safe space for people who have survived torture, and help to enable them to seek the support they need. If you are 16 years or ...
- Football coaches United Football Club is looking for community football coaches who would help to coach the male, female and mixed community football sessions that we currently offer. This a chance to join their enthusiastic team and benefit from their valuable ongoing training. min age:18
- 🗣️Looking for Linguists Teach your native language and learn another language for free! Language4Water is a charity organisation run within Glasgow University which provides language classes at affordable prices, the profits from which go towards Water Aid. Volunteers do not need to have any previous experience in teaching, guidance will be provided before the teaching semester begins. This is also a ...
- Helpers for Christmas Eve Lunch 🎄🦃☃️ Freedom Cafe are looking for some enthusiastic volunteers to spread some Christmas cheer, help prep food, clean and wait on tables this Christmas Eve at our “pay as you feel” cafe. No experience is necessary and any training you need will be given on the day. Toilets will be available and there will also be two people ...
- Do you speak Weegie? In conjunction with the fabulous Refuweegee & Milk Cafe, Lingo Flamingo will be offering free English as a Foreign Language classes for new Glaswegians who would like to improve their English and learn about what makes Scotland so braw. In order to do this they are looking for compassionate and experienced English teachers who would like ...
- Glasgow Night Shelter Christmas Volunteering 🎄🎁⛄ If you are interested in volunteering with Glasgow Night Shelter over Christmas & Hogmanay, they are having a New Volunteer Meeting on Thursday 20th at 6.30pm! They are looking for cooks, board game aficionados and cheery festive souls. If you would like to get involved, get in touch at: email@example.com
- Local Hero Reach out locally and make connections in this fundraising role with Leonard Cheshire Disability. Min age 16
- It’s a Wrap! ✂️🎁 An opportunity to help you get into the festive spirit! CHAS are looking for lots of festive volunteers to help wrap presents at intu Braehead from Wednesday 12 December to Sunday 23 December 12pm-8pm. If you know your ribbons from your bows and love nothing more than beautifully wrapped presents then CHAS is looking for you! ...
- Spread the volunteering love 😍❤💝 Are you an experienced young volunteer who would like to encourage others to get involved? Could you share the benefits you have gained from volunteering and help others to enjoy the same? If so Volunteer Glasgow’s Youth Volunteering Ambassadors would love you to join them. Age range 12-25.