Be healthier and happier in 2018, by helping to make Glasgow a better place:
- There are many foodbanks across Glasgow providing much-needed support to those affected by poverty. You can find your local Trussell Trust foodbank here and searching on Facebook is often a good way of finding others in your local area.
- Join together with your neighbours on issues affecting your local area by joining/attending/supporting your local Community Council (opens in new tab)
- Help to care for your local green spaces by joining your nearest ‘Friends of…’ group (opens in new tab) or join the Neighbourhood Improvement Volunteers (opens in new tab) or view our listings of the latest environment opportunities
- Feel safer: find out how some quick, easy steps can help you – by hitting the big green “join” button at Neighbourhood Watch Scotland (opens in new tab)
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
None of these doing it for you? Then why not search for further opportunities available to do in Glasgow?
- Outdoors, Trees, Hot drinks and Good Company Become a Friend of Cuningar Loop Woodland Park and help the Forestry Commission Scotland team look after the trees this winter. Join the team on Wednesday 24th October at 11am-2pm. Min age 18
- Action songs, rhymes and stories Are you passionate about supporting parents and carers to spend quality time with their little ones? Do you want to learn new skills, make friends and give something back to your community? Help Glasgow Life deliver fun activities for parents, carers and children aged 3 or under with action songs, rhymes and stories. You need ...
- Migrant Voice Migrant Voice is a migrant-led organisation established to develop the skills, capacity and confidence of members of migrant communities, including asylum seekers and refugees. Min age 16
- Volunteer Open Day – Alzheimer’s Research UK – Saturday 10 November Come and find out more about the different ways you can get involved in Alzheimer’s Research UK. Join their team in Glasgow city centre from 10.30am till 1pm on Saturday 10 November, at their Glasgow Supporters’ Day.
- Theatre Group Taster Sessions Get a feel of what Loop Theatre are all about at one of their volunteering taster sessions, 1pm-3pm 2nd and 9th November. Why not give it a go and enjoy a fun session which could lead to a fantastic role. For young people aged 18-26.
- Hear, hear Interested in a health promotion in the community role, especially with older people? Join Action on Hearing Loss as An Information and Outreach Volunteer. You’ll get training and support to deliver sessions, talks etc in a range of community settings. You need to be 18 or over for this role.
- Top Gear! Are you a driver with a couple of hours a week to spare? Would you like to be part of a project that really benefits children and families in Glasgow? ApparelExchange is seeking a driver to collect and deliver donations throughout Glasgow. Expenses are reimbursed in full. You should be over 17 years of age ...
- Top of the Class! ApparelExchange is an exciting project that offers nearly new and upcycled school uniforms. Due to demand, the project is now seeking 2 new volunteers to help with sorting clothing. This is a great opportunity for anyone aged 16 years and over who is looking for a role that is directly benefiting people. For more information please ...
- Museum Opportunities Galore! Glasgow Life Museums have a range of exciting opportunities available – whether you want to support an events programme for Dippy the Dinosaur (up from his home in the Natural History Museum), help with Black History Month Events, be a garden assistant at Provand’s Lorship or assist Trainee Wizards at Wizard School! Min age 16
- A Sense-ible retail role in Partick Live in Partick or nearby? Want some retail experience? Join the friendly team at Sense Scotland’s shop in Dumbarton Road. You need to be 16 or over