Volunteers Week at Volunteer Glasgow!
On our drop-in days on Tuesday 4th June, Wednesday 5th June, and Thursday 6th June there will be games to play and prizes to be won! Come in, taste some delicious home baking,and tell us all about you and your volunteering!
We’ve also partnered with some of the amazing charities we work with to bring you a whole host of wellbeing activities. Check out the dates, times and details below of the activities that we’ve planned and come along!
PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT PLACES ARE LIMITED FOR THESE SESSIONS, SO VOLUNTEERS NEED TO BOOK A SPACE. Click here to get your free tickets on Eventbrite (link opens in new tab)
TUESDAY 4th June events
- 10am – 12pm: LOTION & POTIONS WORKSHOPS will be delivered by The Concrete Gardens. Learn how to make your own health and beauty products at home for a fraction of the cost.
- 2pm – 4pm: MAKE YOUR OWN DELICIOUS ENERGY BAR with Urban Roots. Energy bar will be raw vegan nutty and 100% tasty. Great simple recipe to take home!
- 3:30pm – 6pm: YOUNG VOLUNTEERS HAPPY HOUR – Relax, play games and win prizes. As an extra bonus R-CADE will be here with extra special games just for you.
- 7pm – 9pm: YUNGDRUNG BON BUDDISHM talk with Khyimsar Lama Rinpoche. (suggested donation of £10 to cover expenses). Places are limited so please be sure to book in advance using this link to their facebook event (link opens in new tab).
WEDNESDAY 5th June events
- 10am – 12pm: 5 WAYS TO WELLBEING AND SELF CARE with SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health). Learn how to look after your mental and emotional self and why its important that you do.
- 1:30pm – 4pm: REIKI & SEATED MASSAGE – Pamper your mind, body and soul with Lulu.
- 2pm – 4pm: MEDITATION SESSIONS with Patricia Galavis . Learn how to make the very best of your day by starting and ending it with a short meditation. Good for the mind body and soul.
THURSDAY 6th June events
- 10am – 12pm: DE-STRESS & RELAX WITH A LOVELY SHOULDER MASSAGE. Book your place to chill out with Maggie.
- 3pm – 5pm: De-Stress with Lavender DIY with the Hidden Gardens. Learn the beneficial properties of lavender and make your own little pillow to take home.