Volunteer Together as a Team
Volunteering together, as a team, is really popular and it’s easy to see why. It is a brilliant way of experiencing something completely different as a group, having fun and crucially achieving something really worthwhile. Whether you are a team of work colleagues, a group of friends, a faith group or even a family – team volunteering is an easy and enjoyable way to get involved and make a difference. If you’re interested in group/team volunteering opportunities you should have a look at the one-off/event opportunities listed below. To make life easy for you we also have a simple, easy-to-follow Team Volunteering Guide (PDF format).
Team Opportunities for Employees
People who work well together as a team are one of the most valuable assets any employer can have. There are many team building tools available but few are as satisfying, inexpensive and widely beneficial as a community challenge. Rather than spending large amounts of money on a conventional team building day, connecting with a local community-based organisation can provide both employers and teams with many benefits:
- Great value for money
- An outstanding sense of achievement for all who take part
- A real team building experience, impossible to replicate in the training room
- Delivery of your corporate social responsibility policy objectives
More and more companies, big and small, are now seeing the benefits of team volunteering challenges in their local community. There is no charge for choosing one of the one-off/event team volunteering opportunities below. (NB: if they happen outside your normal employment hours you should consider time off in lieu arrangements.)
If there’s nothing of interest listed below, email us with your “offer” of support and we’ll consider including it (also free of charge) in our blog with it going out to subscribing community and charity organisers and via email bulletin to 430+ Glasgow based groups and organisations – they can then respond with suitable opportunities/tasks that we don’t already know about which we’ll pass to you to progress and/or blog for other teams. Please note that this process usually requires at least 6 weeks notice if you have a specific date(s) in mind. If you would like Volunteer Glasgow to act as a broker between your company and the host organisation, to source suitable opportunities, and to co-ordinate the arrangements, a fee will apply. Email us to request more details.
Latest one-off/event opportunities:
- Your local safety concerns - hear #SafeGlasgow plans and feed in what you think!
- Mary’s Meals Annual Quadrathlon. Are you free on Friday 12th to Sunday 14th July? Do you enjoy outdoor activities and would like to spend a fun weekend volunteering at one of Scotland’s most exciting and challenging events? If so then Mercy Corps and Mary’s Meals have just the thing for you… Min Age 18
- Volunteer Teams Needed! Would you like to help renovate and restore two outdoor community spaces in the East End?
- Team Needed For Refugee Week Scotland Scottish Refugee Council is looking for a team of 15 energetic and enthusiastic volunteers to support their work for a full day during Refugee Week Scotland 2013 in June.
- Bananas, Medals, Smiles Join the Men’s 10k support team on Sun 16 June to help Scotland’s men getting fitter and healthier.
- Group Volunteering Days Available Join us at Lambhill Stables and take part in a bespoke, fun-filled volunteering opportunity designed to suit the needs of corporate volunteers.
- Help Us Make It Beautiful! Community Central Hall in Maryhill is currently building a community garden and is looking for groups of volunteers to help with a range of associated tasks including minor landscaping and creating raised beds filled with compost in which to grow a variety of plants.