Volunteer Together as a Team
Volunteering together, as a team, is really popular and it’s easy to see why. It is a brilliant way of experiencing something completely different as a group, having fun and crucially achieving something really worthwhile. Whether you are a team of work colleagues, a group of friends, a faith group or even a family – team volunteering is an easy and enjoyable way to get involved and make a difference. If you’re interested in group/team volunteering opportunities you should have a look at the one-off/event opportunities listed below. To make life easy for you we also have a simple, easy-to-follow Team Volunteering Guidelines.
Team Opportunities for Employees
People who work well together as a team are one of the most valuable assets any employer can have. There are many team building tools available but few are as satisfying, inexpensive and widely beneficial as a community challenge. Rather than spending large amounts of money on a conventional team building day, connecting with a local community-based organisation can provide both employers and teams with many benefits:
- Great value for money
- An outstanding sense of achievement for all who take part
- A real team building experience, impossible to replicate in the training room
- Delivery of your corporate social responsibility policy objectives
More and more companies, big and small, are now seeing the benefits of team volunteering challenges in their local community. There is no charge for choosing one of the one-off/event team volunteering opportunities below. (NB: if they happen outside your normal employment hours you should consider time off in lieu arrangements.)
If there’s nothing of interest listed below, email us with your “offer” of support and we’ll consider including it (also free of charge) in our blog with it going out to subscribing community and charity organisers and via email bulletin to 430+ Glasgow based groups and organisations – they can then respond with suitable opportunities/tasks that we don’t already know about which we’ll pass to you to progress and/or blog for other teams. Please note that this process usually requires at least 6 weeks notice if you have a specific date(s) in mind. If you would like Volunteer Glasgow to act as a broker between your company and the host organisation, to source suitable opportunities, and to co-ordinate the arrangements, a fee will apply. Email us to request more details.
Latest team opportunities:
- Glasgow Times Foodbank Campaign Christmas is – or rather, is supposed to be – a time of joy and celebration. Though, it can take a considerable financial toll, the impact of which is felt most by those already struggling throughout the year. Last December, upwards of 3600 people were forced to ask for emergency food parcels in Glasgow. Of this ...
- Dreams Come True – Team Challenge Dreams Come True is a UK children’s charity. Our mission is quite simply to enrich the lives of children and young people with serious and life-limiting conditions across the country by making their dreams come true. Over the last 30 years we have fulfilled dreams for more than 6,000 children and young people as well ...
- Canal You Help – Team Challenge Teams looking for an outdoor challenge may be interested in this challenge from Scottish Canals. John at Scottish Canals tells us he can take teams of any size who are willing to help keep Scotland’s Canal’s and environment clean and tidy. Friday 29th November teams are urgently required to help with litter picking at the Forth & ...
- Team Challenges – At Your Convenience If you are a team of people looking for a 1 day volunteering challenge – Scottish Canals may be able to accommodate your request. Just contact John or Carol by completing the form below and we’ll get in touch to arrange the dates. Volunteering Activities available deliver benefits in the following areas Communities and Regeneration Environment and Heritage Learning ...