Volunteer Together as a Team
Volunteering together, as a team, is really popular and it’s easy to see why. It is a brilliant way of experiencing something completely different as a group, having fun and crucially achieving something really worthwhile. Whether you are a team of work colleagues, a group of friends, a faith group or even a family – team volunteering is an easy and enjoyable way to get involved and make a difference. If you’re interested in group/team volunteering opportunities you should have a look at the one-off/event opportunities listed below. To make life easy for you we also have a simple, easy-to-follow Team Volunteering Guidelines.
Team Opportunities for Employees
People who work well together as a team are one of the most valuable assets any employer can have. There are many team building tools available but few are as satisfying, inexpensive and widely beneficial as a community challenge. Rather than spending large amounts of money on a conventional team building day, connecting with a local community-based organisation can provide both employers and teams with many benefits:
- Great value for money
- An outstanding sense of achievement for all who take part
- A real team building experience, impossible to replicate in the training room
- Delivery of your corporate social responsibility policy objectives
More and more companies, big and small, are now seeing the benefits of team volunteering challenges in their local community. There is no charge for choosing one of the one-off/event team volunteering opportunities below. (NB: if they happen outside your normal employment hours you should consider time off in lieu arrangements.)
If there’s nothing of interest listed below, email us with your “offer” of support and we’ll consider including it (also free of charge) in our blog with it going out to subscribing community and charity organisers and via email bulletin to 430+ Glasgow based groups and organisations – they can then respond with suitable opportunities/tasks that we don’t already know about which we’ll pass to you to progress and/or blog for other teams. Please note that this process usually requires at least 6 weeks notice if you have a specific date(s) in mind. If you would like Volunteer Glasgow to act as a broker between your company and the host organisation, to source suitable opportunities, and to co-ordinate the arrangements, a fee will apply. Email us to request more details.
Latest team opportunities:
- Make The Garden Grow! Loretto Care is looking for 2 garden mentors to assist staff to teach residents how to make their garden bloom and grow. The opportunity is available to experienced gardeners over 16 years of age. This opportunity takes place at Loretto Court in Maryhill. For more information click the link below. Gardening Mentor
- Buckets of Fun! The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice is looking for fundraisers to help with various bucket collection and bag packing events at various locations during the next six months. These opportunities are suitable for individuals and small teams so please get in touch if you and your friends or colleagues would like to help out. ...
- Support charity walkers in Edinburgh Free for six hours on Sunday 2 July? Fancy a day volunteering in Edinburgh for a change of scene? You’ll get great event experience too. Support walkers fundraising for Crohn’s and Colitis UK at Walk IT Edinburgh, part of a nationwide series of 5 and 10k walks across the UK. You need ...