Volunteer Together as a Team
Volunteering together, as a team, is really popular and it’s easy to see why. It is a brilliant way of experiencing something completely different as a group, having fun and crucially achieving something really worthwhile. Whether you are a team of work colleagues, a group of friends, a faith group or even a family – team volunteering is an easy and enjoyable way to get involved and make a difference. If you’re interested in group/team volunteering opportunities you should have a look at the one-off/event opportunities listed below. To make life easy for you we also have a simple, easy-to-follow Team Volunteering Guidelines.
Team Opportunities for Employees
People who work well together as a team are one of the most valuable assets any employer can have. There are many team building tools available but few are as satisfying, inexpensive and widely beneficial as a community challenge. Rather than spending large amounts of money on a conventional team building day, connecting with a local community-based organisation can provide both employers and teams with many benefits:
- Great value for money
- An outstanding sense of achievement for all who take part
- A real team building experience, impossible to replicate in the training room
- Delivery of your corporate social responsibility policy objectives
More and more companies, big and small, are now seeing the benefits of team volunteering challenges in their local community. There is no charge for choosing one of the one-off/event team volunteering opportunities below. (NB: if they happen outside your normal employment hours you should consider time off in lieu arrangements.)
If there’s nothing of interest listed below, email us with your “offer” of support and we’ll consider including it (also free of charge) in our blog with it going out to subscribing community and charity organisers and via email bulletin to 430+ Glasgow based groups and organisations – they can then respond with suitable opportunities/tasks that we don’t already know about which we’ll pass to you to progress and/or blog for other teams. Please note that this process usually requires at least 6 weeks notice if you have a specific date(s) in mind. If you would like Volunteer Glasgow to act as a broker between your company and the host organisation, to source suitable opportunities, and to co-ordinate the arrangements, a fee will apply. Email us to request more details.
Latest team opportunities:
- Support charity walkers in Edinburgh Free for six hours on Sunday 2 July? Fancy a day volunteering in Edinburgh for a change of scene? You’ll get great event experience too. Support walkers fundraising for Crohn’s and Colitis UK at Walk IT Edinburgh, part of a nationwide series of 5 and 10k walks across the UK. You need ...
- Saddle Up Y’All! Are you a team of volunteers willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in! Are you a skilled tradesman with a few hours to spare? Are you an animal lover who would like more involvement with horses? Linn Park RDA (Riding for the Disabled Association) is looking for volunteers, either in teams or interested ...
- Request for green-fingered teams The Hidden Gardens is looking for a team of up to ten volunteers to get stuck into a range of green-fingered activities on the following dates during early to late Summer.
- Care for Veterans & their Spouses As Scotland’s foremost provider of care for veterans and their spouses, Erskine offers unrivaled nursing, residential, respite and dementia care in their four homes throughout Scotland for UK veterans. Erskine cares for over 1,000 residents each year; their homes provide veterans with the companionship of like-minded people. Erskine not only cares for their veterans – ...
- Volunteering At The Pink Ribbon Walk Breast Cancer Care are the only UK wide charity providing care, information and support to people affected by breast cancer. They say they “want every person affected by breast cancer to get the best treatment, information and support”. Join them for a 5, 10 or 20 mile walk through the night and help Breast Cancer Care ...