Support your local events, sport and health initiatives
2014 was an historic year for Scotland with both the Referendum and the Commonwealth Games firing people up to get more involved in our local communities.
Be healthier, happier and more employable in 2015, by helping to make Glasgow a better place.
- Take a look at the latest local and city events that are looking for your support listed at the foot of this page.
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
Or see the current opportunities…
- Helping out at sport clubs and projects
- And the many local initiatives fighting to keep us healthier and living longer, more active lives!
Latest one-off/event opportunities:
- Sagra Italiana Festival @ George Square Big Impact are looking for volunteers to assist them in the activities during the Italian Festival on the 2nd and 3rd of June 2018. For these 2 days Glasgow’s famous George Square will come to life with an authentic Sagra Italiana. Min age: 16
- Doune the Rabbit Hole Festival This year’s Doune the Rabbit Hole Festival will take place from 13 -15 July 2018, on the Cardross Estate, FK8 3JY. Your support in one of our different roles is needed and you have a chance to enjoy experience! Min age: 18
- Edinburgh Marathon Photographer This year at the Edinburgh Marathon 2018, Teenage Cancer Trust has lots of fabulous volunteers running to raise funds for the incredible work they do. Because it’s such a huge event, and a great day out, Teenage Cancer Trust are looking for someone to come along as a volunteer photographer and capture moments from the ...
- 8 Judo Event roles @ Emirates Arena British Judo Association is holding an event in Glasgow from 13th till 17th June 2018. They are looking for your support in their 8 different roles to enhance your knowledge and experiences.
- Event experience + helping a good cause = result!! Free on Sunday 17 June? Help Prostate Cancer UK make a great success of its March for Men Glasgow! No marching required! – these roles are welcoming and supporting the walkers. you need to be 16 or over.
- Events Assistant at Grand Central Hotel Around 160 ‘ladies who lunch’ are expected at the Grand Central Hotel on the 5th of May. Here, they will be helping the fabulous charity Medics Against Violence to raise some much needed funds. It’s going to be a great event with 70’s themed music, a brilliant band and lots of games, goodie bags and ...
- Events with Erskine This opportunity is ideal for anyone who is interested in gaining events experience or for those who support Erskine. This volunteering role happens at the SECC and is part of The Ideal Home Show. This is great news for those interested because it means FREE entry into this event AND free entry into the Eat ...