Support your local events, sport and health initiatives
2014 was an historic year for Scotland with both the Referendum and the Commonwealth Games firing people up to get more involved in our local communities.
Be healthier, happier and more employable in 2015, by helping to make Glasgow a better place.
- Take a look at the latest local and city events that are looking for your support listed at the foot of this page.
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
Or see the current opportunities…
- Helping out at sport clubs and projects
- And the many local initiatives fighting to keep us healthier and living longer, more active lives!
Latest one-off/event opportunities:
- Muck in for Mental Health Glasgow’s NHS Mental Health Service seeks many helping hands for its Meander for Mental Health event taking place this September in the grounds of Leverndale Hospital
- Use your mechanic skills! The Caledonian Crushers wheelchair rugby club require a mechanic to help maintain equipment. As a volunteer you will be apart of our enthusiastic team and you should have experience in bicycle or wheelchair maintenance, also be adept at changing tyres as we have a lot of punctures in wheelchair rugby. Min age: 16
- Get Involved Glasgow Host City is looking for volunteers for their three upcoming events: LEN European Short Course Swimming Championships taking place in December this year, followed by LGT World Men’s Curling Championship in March 2020 and then UEFA Euro 2020 taking place in June/July next year. Min age: 16
- Great festival experience! Glasgow Doors Open Days Festival is looking for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers to help run a Pop-up Festival Hub 16th – 22nd September. Min age 16
- RNIB – Connect Community If you are over 16 years of age, interested in gaining events experience and widening your knowledge of sight loss and visual impairment – the RNIB would love to hear from you. Maybe you already have skills in this field and would like to put them to good use! If so please get in touch. The project ...
- Fantastic Festival Fun – Request for Teams! Are you a team of colleagues or students looking for a one day challenge that is full of fun and very varied? Are you interested in learning about different cultures and experiencing new ideas? Do you have an interest in the arts? This opportunity will provide you with a wealth of experience in these areas and disciplines! ...
- Events Assistant If you are over 16 years of age and have skills in Event Management then Human Development Scotland have an excellent volunteering opportunity that might suit you. Click the link below for further information. Events Assistant