Support your local events, sport and health initiatives
As the city prepares to host the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, everyone is determined to build a lasting Legacy for our communities.
You can be a part of it. Everyone has something to offer. Discover a huge range of opportunities and identify the one for you that might just be the experience of a lifetime!
Take a look at the latest local and city events that are looking for your support listed at the foot of this page.
Or see the current opportunities…
- Helping out at sport clubs and projects
- And the many local initiatives fighting to keep us healthier and living longer, more active lives!
Applications to be a Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games volunteer closed on 28th Feb, but if you’re interested in other Glasgow 2014 related opportunities, Glasgow Life will be announcing the Host City Volunteer Programme later in 2013: this may be restricted to specific target groups within the city, but in the meantime you can register an interest by sending your full contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning/dropping in.
Latest one-off/event opportunities:
- Your local safety concerns - hear #SafeGlasgow plans and feed in what you think!
- Mary’s Meals Annual Quadrathlon. Are you free on Friday 12th to Sunday 14th July? Do you enjoy outdoor activities and would like to spend a fun weekend volunteering at one of Scotland’s most exciting and challenging events? If so then Mercy Corps and Mary’s Meals have just the thing for you… Min Age 18
- Volunteer Teams Needed! Would you like to help renovate and restore two outdoor community spaces in the East End?
- Team Needed For Refugee Week Scotland Scottish Refugee Council is looking for a team of 15 energetic and enthusiastic volunteers to support their work for a full day during Refugee Week Scotland 2013 in June.
- Bananas, Medals, Smiles Join the Men’s 10k support team on Sun 16 June to help Scotland’s men getting fitter and healthier.
- Group Volunteering Days Available Join us at Lambhill Stables and take part in a bespoke, fun-filled volunteering opportunity designed to suit the needs of corporate volunteers.
- Help Us Make It Beautiful! Community Central Hall in Maryhill is currently building a community garden and is looking for groups of volunteers to help with a range of associated tasks including minor landscaping and creating raised beds filled with compost in which to grow a variety of plants.