Support your local events, sport and health initiatives
2014 was an historic year for Scotland with both the Referendum and the Commonwealth Games firing people up to get more involved in our local communities.
Be healthier, happier and more employable in 2015, by helping to make Glasgow a better place.
- Take a look at the latest local and city events that are looking for your support listed at the foot of this page.
- Support grassroots sport in your area by joining forces with Eddie Izzard via joininuk.org or contact Glasgow Sport
Or see the current opportunities…
- Helping out at sport clubs and projects
- And the many local initiatives fighting to keep us healthier and living longer, more active lives!
Latest one-off/event opportunities:
- Mackintosh Fans Unite! Do you have an interest in Arts and Heritage or Mackintosh? Book into a fun filled volunteering recruitment afternoon Saturday 29th June 1-4pm with Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society. Min age 16
- Camera operator required Caledonian Crushers Wheelchair Rugby club are looking for someone to come along to film their rugby training sessions which run every Tuesday evening at Tollocross Leisure Centre. Min age: 16
- Citizenfest this summer! Get involved in this exciting new festival. We Are One – Citizenfest is about citizenship. In August 2019 the community is coming together in Glasgow to stage a festival asserting and celebrating diversity and equality in equal measure. Min age 16
- If we go down to the woods today! Urban roots is looking for you to support their experienced play-workers. As a volunteer you will help children to enjoy campfires, tree climbing, den building, muddy play, and learning bushcraft skills like firelighting, whittling and campfire cooking. Min age: 16
- Canal You Help! – Team Challenge Are you a team looking for a volunteering day? Scottish Canals has a great opportunity to offer teams of 5 & 15 people. Details are as follows: Date: Friday 8th March 2019 Meeting Time: 10am Meeting Place: Firhill Basin behind Firhill Stadium Challenge: Clear the litter and vegetation at the Noley Bridge area of the Forth & Clyde Canal. Requirements: ...
- Kiltie Teams Wanted! – Team Challenge The Kiltwalk needs teams of volunteers to help out at their events. There is a wide variety of roles for teams to consider and your time and effort will help all the walkers to keep their spirits up and finish the walk. This is a great opportunity for your team and your organization to support ...
- Positively Wonderful Opportunities Positive Action in Housing has a wide range of new, diverse and exciting opportunities on offer that may be of interest to you. Tim – the Volunteer Coordinator is hosting a volunteering information day from 10am – 1pm on Thursday 23rd November 2017 at PAiH offices at 98 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1PJ. The organization is ...