Need Guidance or Support to Volunteer?
If you need a little guidance to get you started in volunteering then hit the relevant links below or speak with an adviser to assist you in finding the right opportunity.
Glasgow City Council area residents who wish to speak with an adviser should either drop-in to the office, email us or phone to:
- discover why volunteering may be right for you
- see the variety of volunteering opportunities currently available in Glasgow
- receive help in identifying the best opportunities for you
Please tell us if you or the person you are working with needs support with reading/writing/English or in using the internet.
Live in South East Glasgow?
Confidence-boosting, try them out, volunteering ‘taster’ programmes – have a go, with the support you need: you won’t believe what you can do! More info/book a place
Need help with Reading/Writing/Numbers?
If you – or someone you know – is interested in volunteering but needs support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll arrange to meet informally to help you into volunteering and to access free ALN support.
Additional guidance about volunteering:
- Frequently asked questions
- If you’re claiming WELFARE BENEFITS
- If you’re seeking asylum in the UK or have Refugee status