Charity Counts – Free Training for Charity Shop Volunteers
The WEA, Volunteer Glasgow and Maths Week Scotland are offering a development opportunity for people who are volunteering or interested in volunteering in Charity Shops in Glasgow.
CHARITY COUNTS is a FREE 4 week (2 hours per week) training course for up to 12 Charity Shop Volunteers who are interested in learning more about all aspects of running a Charity Shop. The course will taught by Louise Simpson who is a Charity Shop Manager and a WEA Tutor.
The training will take place at Volunteer Glasgow, 10 Bothwell Street, Glasgow, G2 6LU.
The course will run from 10am – 12pm on the following dates:
- Friday 7th February
- Friday 14th February
- Friday 21st February
- Friday 28th February
During the 4 sessions, volunteers will be able to develop their skills and knowledge about the business side of running a charity shop.
The course will enable participants to:
- Develop an understanding of the Third Sector (charities, community interest companies, social enterprise)
- Develop a greater understanding of terms and explanations of budget, profit and loss
- Develop an understanding of overheads and operating expenses associated with running a shop
- Understand how charities raise funds through merchandise, grants, sponsorship, sales/revenue streams and online sales.
- Develop digital skills to use online sales platforms to estimate pricing and maximize income
- Learn how to sell online: practice selling on Facebook.
PLACES WILL BE ALLOCATED ON FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
If course is filled you will be offered a place on the waiting list for future courses.
To enrol please complete the form below and click send. Audrey will contact you within 5 working days to confirm your place.
Deadline for applications is Monday 3rd February 2020