There a variety of ways you can support the work of Volunteer Glasgow, and we’ve listed these below, but…
Why is your support important?
People from all walks of life make a huge contribution to Glasgow through volunteering and as carers, learners and befrienders.
Everyone at Volunteer Glasgow is committed to developing and delivering highly valued services designed to help even more people to do so, and to provide support services for some of the most vulnerable people in the city, including;
- Free opportunity advertising services for 100’s of charities, public and 3rd sector organisations across the city whose work relies on the support of volunteers.
- High quality, innovative training which supports our partners to think creatively about how they can develop inclusive opportunities and expand the role volunteers play in their work.
- Learning and employability services which enable people to develop the skills, experience and confidence they need to reach their potential and make a positive contribution in their communities.
- Befriending and mentoring services which provide much-needed support across the city for isolated older people and children and young people facing particular difficulties and challenges.
- A package of comprehensive support to carers delivered from our centres in west & south west Glasgow.
- You can make a donation online via MyDonate (which is a not-for-profit fundraising platform that ensures we receive 100% of your donation)
- We are registered with OSCR (the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator) – charity number SC005462 – and you can view our registration status on the OSCR web site
- You can view our latest annual reports and audited accounts.
Volunteer with us
Help us by donating your time, energy, skills and expertise: opportunities for volunteering within Volunteer Glasgow itself – for which we are currently recruiting – are listed below. However, if there are none listed, you can always find suitable opportunities managed by all of Glasgow’s other community groups, clubs, charities and public sector programmes here on our online opportunity search services and by contacting us for further assistance!
- A Taste of Volunteering for U-18’s Are you interested in gaining experience, learning transferrable skills, building confidence and having fun? If you are 18 or under, living in Glasgow’s Southside, and interested in volunteering, we would love to hear from you:
- Shape Volunteer Glasgow’s Future You can help improve lives across the city with just a few hours of your time each month using your HR, fundraising and/or finance skills.
Spread the Word
If you don’t have any time or money to spare, why not consider supporting us in an even easier way by helping us to spread the word about our work and the 100’s of volunteering opportunities we promote on behalf of our partners? You can do this very quickly and simply by liking us on Facebook and/or following us on Twitter and then sharing the exciting opportunities on offer with your own friends and followers.
The directors, staff, volunteers and learners who make up Volunteer Glasgow would like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to all those who support our work already and those who will do so in the future. We literally couldn’t do it without you!