Our Other Services
In addition to promoting and supporting volunteering, Volunteer Glasgow has established a successful track record in providing community development, befriending/mentoring, training, community care, and advisory services. We currently deliver the following:
- Adult Literacy & Numeracy (ALN) Service – Provides free tuition in reading, writing, numbers, IT and the English language to adults.
- Elderly Home Visiting and Day Care Service – neighbourhood care services helping to improve the lives of isolated and vulnerable older people living in the community.
- SQA Approved Centre – provides free learning resources for volunteers and their organisations PLUS registration/assessment of candidates for the SQA Employability Award (national progression award) at SCQF levels 3 and 4.
- Support for Carers – information, advice and support for people caring for sick or disabled relatives/friends/neighbours – from the two Carers’ Centres managed by Volunteer Glasgow in West Glasgow and South West Glasgow.
- Young Persons Befriending Services – More information and downloads are available for potential volunteer befrienders, young people and their families/carers, and the organisations that work with them.