Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Home Work If you are 18 or over and would like to support young people 5 to 17 years through learning, gain experience and qualifications through Community Achievement Awards Accreditation at levels SCQF 4,5,6 and 7 then this is the role for you.
- Handy (M)Andy Are you a handy person that can perform minor repairs and maintenance to the property at Whiteinch Centre as and when required? Are you 18 or over?
- Being Sociable If you are 18 or over, can spare a few hours, are interested to know more about cohousing and are confident using social media, then why not get in touch?
- Crafty Upcycling Are you 18 or over and do you have a couple of hours a week to contribute? If so, you will be supporting and showing participants how to upcycle and use crafts,
- Mature Friend If you are 16 or over and would like to help out an older person for 1 or 2 hours per week or gaining training and experience to add to you CV, the No. 1 Befriending Agency is waiting to hear from you.
- Friendly Punjabi speaker? Use your language skills to brighten someone’s day! NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Mental Health Services is seeking Ward Visitors to chat to patients whose first language is Punjabi. You need to be 18 or over.
- Coaching for health Do you have some experience of counselling/coaching? Be part of an exciting project and help women become breast aware. Get involved in Breast Cancer Now’s ActWELL trial, which aims to provide lifestyle advice to women of breast screening age. You need to be 18 or over.