Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Migrant Voice Migrant Voice is a migrant-led organisation established to develop the skills, capacity and confidence of members of migrant communities, including asylum seekers and refugees. Min age 16
- Volunteer Open Day – Alzheimer’s Research UK – Saturday 10 November Come and find out more about the different ways you can get involved in Alzheimer’s Research UK. Join their team in Glasgow city centre from 10.30am till 1pm on Saturday 10 November, at their Glasgow Supporters’ Day.
- Theatre Group Taster Sessions Get a feel of what Loop Theatre are all about at one of their volunteering taster sessions, 1pm-3pm 2nd and 9th November. Why not give it a go and enjoy a fun session which could lead to a fantastic role. For young people aged 18-26.
- Hear, hear Interested in a health promotion in the community role, especially with older people? Join Action on Hearing Loss as An Information and Outreach Volunteer. You’ll get training and support to deliver sessions, talks etc in a range of community settings. You need to be 18 or over for this role.
- Top Gear! Are you a driver with a couple of hours a week to spare? Would you like to be part of a project that really benefits children and families in Glasgow? ApparelExchange is seeking a driver to collect and deliver donations throughout Glasgow. Expenses are reimbursed in full. You should be over 17 years of age ...
- Top of the Class! ApparelExchange is an exciting project that offers nearly new and upcycled school uniforms. Due to demand, the project is now seeking 2 new volunteers to help with sorting clothing. This is a great opportunity for anyone aged 16 years and over who is looking for a role that is directly benefiting people. For more information please ...
- Museum Opportunities Galore! Glasgow Life Museums have a range of exciting opportunities available – whether you want to support an events programme for Dippy the Dinosaur (up from his home in the Natural History Museum), help with Black History Month Events, be a garden assistant at Provand’s Lorship or assist Trainee Wizards at Wizard School! Min age 16