Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Community Connectors – Are You One? GCVS is looking for volunteers over 18 years of age to help launch their innovative new Buddying service, which will provide targeted support to older people, and people who care for older people. Buddy volunteers will assist older people to take steps to improve their health and well-being by helping them achieve goals. This could ...
- Counting On YOU! The Pollokshields Trust is looking for a Book-keeper. If you are over 18 years of age and have experience of book-keeping this role may be of interest to you. For further details click the link below. Book-Keeper
- Bon Appetit! – Assistant Chef Opportunity! THIS OPPORTUNITY IS SPECIFICALLY FOR INDIVIDUALS AFFECTED BY HOMELESSNESS, ADDICTION, MENTAL ILL HEALTH OR OFFENDING BEHAVIOUR. Do you have a genuine interest in learning to cook or improving your cooking skills? Do you want to develop your skills for work, volunteering or to enter education? Are you able to commit to at least one day per ...
- Marshal for Maggies Maggies are having a Culture Crawl Fundraising Event and are in need of Event Marshals to help set-up, decorate the venues and provide general support and direction to those participating in the walk. This is a fabulous evening event full of fun, food and culture and it’s happening on the 29th September. It will be ...
- Pedal for Scotland 2017 Pedal For Scotland the biggest bike event in Scotland is running on Sunday, 10th September 2017. Be involved and get a chance to see 8000 cyclists. Min age 18.
- Summer fun…and beyond! Gain experience while having fun volunteering with children from tiny to teenagers with Central and West Integration Network’s Youth Project. Min age 16/18. CWIN have 2 opportunities available, one in their Creche and one in their Summer Programme for young people aged 8-18. Both opportunities promise to be full of fun and adventures in a space ...
- Make The Garden Grow! Loretto Care is looking for 2 garden mentors to assist staff to teach residents how to make their garden bloom and grow. The opportunity is available to experienced gardeners over 16 years of age. This opportunity takes place at Loretto Court in Maryhill. For more information click the link below. Gardening Mentor