Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Are you big InDesign? MCR Pathways are looking for volunteers with experience of working with InDesign software, who are able to create engaging materials in line with their branding to market our organisation and recruit mentors. Min age 18.
- Fantastic Museum role Ahoy! ⚓️ Fairfield Heritage is looking for friendly, enthusiastic volunteers at their heritage centre, to help visitors from all over the world enjoy the fascinating story of Glasgow’s shipbuilding history. You don’t require any previous knowledge of Clyde shipbuilding, or previous museum experience – all the relevant information is included in a fun, volunteer training package. Min ...
- Lead meditation sessions The Disability Community in Possilpark is looking for someone to teach light meditation to a group of adults, on a Friday from 12 – 2pm.
- We need your photos! 📱📷📸 Volunteer Glasgow’s Youth Volunteering Ambassadors would like to invite all young volunteers in Glasgow to get involved with an exciting new project to celebrate the Year of Young People 2018 #YOYP2018.
- Mentor for 8-14 year olds Are you over 21 and looking for a challenging volunteer role which provides lots of training? As a mentor you will have the opportunity to help young people to realise their potential, as well as learn about child protection, communication and boundaries. If you would like to learn more about this role, please follow the link below: Mentor for ...
- Museum Assistant for world class collection The Govan Stones Project is looking for friendly, enthusiastic people to help tell the story of Govan’s ancient past at the heart of the medieval Kingdom of Strathclyde. You don’t require any prior knowledge of medieval history – all the information you’ll need is included in a fun volunteer training package! Min age 16
- Support other parents Are you are parent or carer who would like to support other families facing challenges? Home Start Glasgow South are looking for you! Min age 18. Home Start support many families across the South of Glasgow, but need to recruit additional volunteers in order to support even more. Your role may be a varied one, depending ...