Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Scotstoun Volunteer Fayre and Celebration Interested in finding out about volunteering opportunities local to you in Scotstoun? Already volunteering? Go along and celebrate the huge impact that you and your fellow volunteers have on our community! Tuesday 12th March 2019, 4:30pm-7:30pm.
- Opportunities with RVS Royal Voluntary Service volunteers provide practical help that makes a big difference. They provide companionship and support for lonely people. Here’s what RVS say about volunteering with them “Any time you can give to volunteer with Royal Voluntary Service is much appreciated. Our volunteers tell us that they find volunteering extremely satisfying.” Right now, RVS is ...
- Hop on Board! 🎭 Join the board of Hopscotch Theatre to support the next exciting transition and development of this much loved Theatre group. Hopscotch is an established charity and has been touring its theatre productions and workshop programmes to schools and venues across Scotland for over 30 years. Min age 18
- Talented Tutors 📚 Enhance your CV or personal statement with this invaluable volunteering opportunity. As well as gaining experience working with young people, you will help children who are disadvantaged educationally, socially or economically to grow, fulfill their potential and ultimately improve their life chances. Additional optional training in areas such as Autism, Dyslexia, EAL, Lesson Planning is available. You ...
- Flexible admin role 💻 If you have general computer skills, you can learn and gain some great experience with Repair Cafe Glasgow doing data entry. Min age 18
- Friday Night Fun! INCLUDED is recruiting Social Supporter Volunteers to assist make fun activities happen for adults with learning disabilities. The activities take place in the evenings, usually a Friday night. If you are over 18 years of age and would like to learn more details about this excellent opportunity, please click the link below: Social Supporters
- Befrienders for Veterans! The Royal Air Forces Association is currently recruiting befrienders to offer company and friendship for 1 – 2 hours per week to their veterans. If you are 18yrs or older, and would like to offer support to ex service personnel, this might be the right volunteering opportunity for you. Full accredited training is provided and ...