Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- A Novel Opportunity! Aye Write! are looking for a team of volunteers to help out at this year’s Aye Write! & Wee Write! Glasgow’s Book Festivals.
- Promote McKenzie Friends Use your PR skills to help raise the profile of McKenzie Friends Plus a young but ambitious new charity. Min age 16
- Teenager Cancer Trust at RFC Teenager Cancer Trust are delighted to be working with Rangers Football Club at the wonderful Ibrox Stadium, and involve enthusiastic volunteers to raise funds. Min age 16
- Savvy with Social Media? The Living Room @ The Space are looking for someone who is interested in and enthusiastic about social media to keep the Glasgow community and the world up to date with all the things happening in the volunteer run cafe in the East End of Glasgow.
- Know your way round a computer? Good with social media? Want to develop your knowledge/experience of website maintenance? And/or of using social media to promote a great cause? You need to be 16 or over.
- Have Fun Fundraising The Scottish Refugee Council has a volunteering opportunity for an experienced fundraiser/events coordinator. Are you the person to fill this role? If you have experience in this area and would like to contribute your time then please click the link for further information. You must be over 18 years of age to undertake this role. Community Events ...
- Are You The One? The Shaw Trust is looking for an experienced Life and Career Coach to volunteer in their Glasgow offices. For more information click the link. Life & Career Coach