Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Adviser Alert 🚨 At advice.scot, you will get the opportunity to give back to every single person you deal with, whether it is on the phone, on Facebook, Live Chat, email, or even helping out one of the chatbots. You will develop new skills, and meet people from the length and breadth of the City. In return for your valuable ...
- Look at Loop Theatre! 🎭 Are you a young person age 17-26 looking for an exciting, creative role where you can build skills and make a positive contribution to inclusive theatre.
- Glide Across The Clyde on a Zip Slide! Glasgow’s Gollden Generation is hoping for lots of volunteers to step up and help them raise funds whilst having a great deal of fun. Interested? Click the link for an exciting opportunity to Glide Across The Clyde On A Zip Slide! Glide Across The Clyde
- Grow as a Volunteer Dot to Dot Maryhill Community Garden are looking for people who want to become a member to the Garden and help with hands on tasks like building planters, a greenhouse, steps and grow vegetables as well. No experience needed! Min age 18
- Glasgow Mela Festival 2019 Scotland’s biggest multi-cultural festival of music, dance, arts and food, returns to Kelvingrove Park. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to volunteer with the Glasgow Mela Festival on the 23 June! Min age 18
- Click for Clic Sargent Clic Sargent has a lovely volunteering opportunity for someone over 18 years of age who loves all things techy and has a few hours to spare every month. The post is for someone who can update all things IT and electronic once a month. Clic Sargent houses are havens for families with children undertaking cancer ...
- Campaigning for Glasgow If you’d like to help New Glasgow Society do more to promote and protect Glasgow, its built architecture, streets and cultural life, please make yourself heard and join the Committee. Min age 16