Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Circle Supporters Are you looking for a role with great training and lots of support? Would you like to make a sustainable and positive difference to the lives of children, young people and adults with autism and their families? Equal Futures are looking for Circle Facilitators to help build an informal network of people who offer support and friendship ...
- Community Cafe ☕ Develop your catering skills and take part in Food Hygiene training (certificated) as a community cafe assistant with Community Central Hall. CCH’s community cafe makes meals for their in-house nursery and the Princes Trust team Mondays and Fridays from 10-1. Minimum age 18. If you would like more information, please follow the link below: Cafe Assistant
- V=Em+CV Our Volunteering Works Program encourages volunteering as an employability progression route.
- Wouldn’t that be handy! 🖌️🛠️ Help in the maintenance and repair of a community building which is home to many important services. Community Central Hall in Maryhill is looking for a handy person who would be able to carry out some minor repair work on doors, windows and furniture. Minimum age 16. If you would like to join this friendly team, please click ...
- Say cheese! 📸 Do you have a talent for photography? Are you looking to gain more experience? Become a volunteer photographer with the Whiteinch Centre and take pictures of their events and activities for their website and other promotional materials. If you are interested in the role, please follow the link below: Photographer
- To employability… and beyond! 🚀 Are you over 18? Would you like to help members of the community to find the right job for them? Become an employability advisor with Community Central Hall and help members of their Job club with C.V. writing, I.T. skills, as well as helping to improve their confidence. If you are interested, please follow the link below: Employability ...
- 🌠 Make a Wish! 🌠 Make-A-Wish UK are looking for Wish Volunteers ! If you are looking to volunteer but can’t commit time every week/ month then this could be for you; commitment of 3 wish visits per year (or more if you can manage!), excellent training in working with children and families and the chance to help a ...