Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Volunteer Engagement, Nature and … RSPB = put them all together and you have a rather interesting role! Min age 18
- Lights, Camera, Action – Take One Help Take One Action Film Festival celebrate their 10th Anniversary by volunteering at their film festival in September. If you are 18-30 years old a bit of a film buff and passionate about the environment you might want to read on! Are you available to contribute your time for 6 shifts between ...
- Asylum Seekers and Refugees Welcome To asylum seekers and refugees, you are invited to the Scottish Refugee Council’s information session on volunteering opportunities on Thursday 30 March at 2 pm until 4 pm
- Help in 3D If you are interested in supporting children and families and/or health and well-being, here is an opportunity at 3D Drumchapel. Min age 16
- Grey Matter Wanted! Are you over 18 years of age and interested in an intellectually stimulating volunteering role? MCS Ethics Committee at the University of West of Scotland (Paisley Campus) is looking for two new members for their Ethics Committee. Applicants for this role should have an understanding of University level papers and protocols. Click on the link for ...
- The Big Variety Shop Help save Glasgow’s oldest surviving working class entertainment venue and help bring awareness off the project to many customers and potential patrons. At the Britannia Panopticon charity shop you can have great fun, learn lots and help a local cause.
- An exciting leadership role An exciting and important leadership role with Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol & Drugs, leading their first ever Fundraising Committee. If you are organised, enthusiastic and have lots of ideas for fundraising this role is perfect for you! You need to be 18 or over.