Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Ready for Reception?! ☎️ A great opportunity to gain experience in a reception role whilst being part of a warm and friendly team. You will also have the opportunity to meet a wide range of people from different cultures and backgrounds. If you are looking to get stuck in and start away then this is the opportunity for you! Minimum age ...
- Muck in for Mental Health Glasgow’s NHS Mental Health Service seeks many helping hands for its Meander for Mental Health event taking place this September in the grounds of Leverndale Hospital
- Mentor a Veteran TimeBank’s new exciting Shoulder to Shoulder Online project supports ex-Service men and women living in Scotland who are in recovery from mental health issues or having difficulty in civilian life – and support for families too. You can join our enthusiastic team and help to provide online mentor support to a veteran or family ...
- Use your mechanic skills! The Caledonian Crushers wheelchair rugby club require a mechanic to help maintain equipment. As a volunteer you will be apart of our enthusiastic team and you should have experience in bicycle or wheelchair maintenance, also be adept at changing tyres as we have a lot of punctures in wheelchair rugby. Min age: 16
- Supporting South Lanarkshire’s National Autistic Society National Autistic Society – South Lanarkshire branch has several roles on offer depending on your skills and how much time you are willing to offer.
- Running for intandem Our amazing volunteer mentor Ian Hudson has decided to run the Great Scottish Run half marathon this September, and will be doing so to raise much needed funds for our intandem youth mentoring service. Please offer your support to Ian by sponsoring what you can!
- No Life Half Lived! Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland are recruiting up to five fantastic Trustees to lead the charity’s efforts to ensure there is No Life Half Lived in Scotland. Would you be interested in applying?