Your clients/members/service users volunteering
If your organisation is working with a number of people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways. We have significant experience of working in partnership with organisations such as yours to ensure that a range of groups that often face barriers to volunteering can access the available supports to get the most out of it – for their own benefit and for the people and communities they may help. Contact us for:
- An initial meeting to establish how best we can work with you and to scope out how!
- Use our subscription options to be notified, for example, of the latest opportunities and partner news.
- If you promote volunteering to your clients on your own website – perhaps you’re an employer, university, college or employability agency – why not use our RSS feeds to publish the latest, most urgently required, and/or event volunteering opportunities? And/or the latest news for volunteers?
- Presentations, briefings, workshops on volunteering – for your staff, clients/customers/service users – subject to availability!
- If your service users/clients are interested in volunteering but need support with reading/writing/numbers, please contact our ALN advisors and they’ll discuss how they can help your clients into volunteering and with free ALN support.
- Group goal-setting, confidence-building, Taster Programmes – where – if resources are available – we can design programmes that give your clients the chance to try out a variety of types of volunteering. These are particularly helpful for people that have little confidence in what they can contribute, have little idea of the range of opportunities available or lack the confidence to get into new situations. There are programmes running this year until March 2015 for residents of South East Glasgow, but give us a call if your clients stay outwith this area.
Latest Opportunities and news for volunteers
- Information session – volunteering in health Interested in a health related volunteer role in North West Glasgow? Sandra Duff from the North West Health Improvement Team would like to tell you more. Sandra will be in our office on Tuesday 22 August from 10am – 12pm, and 1pm – 3pm – come in and see her for an informat chat!
- Digging In Help to maintain the replica First World War trenches in Pollok Park by painting, clearing, weeding, tending trench gardens and lots more. Min age 16
- Pack a Bag for The Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice A spare hour or so next week could really make a difference to The Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice! They are hosting a bag packing event to help raise the profile of their organisation. If you have a free hour or so to spare then come along to Tesco in St Enoch’s Centre on ...
- Not the IT Crowd! Looking for a volunteering opportunity with a difference? Why not try supporting unemployed people at Cranhill Development Trust Work Club. You must be over 18 years of age and have good computer skills for this role. To learn more click the link. Not the IT Crowd!
- Can I Help You! Are you a friendly approachable person who would like to learn skills in reception and admin work? Do you have a couple of hours to contribute every week? Are you over 16 years of age? Rachael from Cranhill Development Trust would love to hear from you. To learn more about this opportunity click the ...
- Shop This Way! The Oxfam shop in Newton Mearns is looking for volunteers to assist in all aspects of retail and stock control. This opportunity is open to people 14 years of age and over. Click the link for more information. Shop This Way
- Walk This Way with the Wild Walkers of Cranhill! Fancy a nice country walk with friends? Rachael at Cranhill Development Trust is looking for Walk Leaders who will encourage the local community to join them for a bracing stroll through one of many walking trails throughout Glasgow. The Wild Walkers group meets on Wednesdays. Minimum age for this role is 18 years. To learn ...