If your organisation is working with people that would benefit from volunteering, then we can help in a variety of ways.
If you’d like to know more about Glasgow’s Strategic Volunteering Framework, we have key documents and updates available.
Volunteer Glasgow is a partner in Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface, funded since April 2011 by Scottish Government to provide voluntary/charity/social enterprise organisations and groups with key support services and to help Glasgow’s Third Sector Forum represent the sector in its work with public and private sector partners and the Community Planning Partnership.
We are working with a wide range of partners on the volunteering elements of the Poverty Leadership Panel‘s Action Plan for Change.
Latest News for Partners
- Let’s celebrate our young volunteers! The Saltire Awards Summit Panel is sitting again on Wednesday 23 November – and they are looking for nominations for your outstanding young volunteers. The Summit Award is for an outstanding contribution to volunteering; to recognise young people who have exceeded expectations. Volunteers must be nominated for the Award by the organisation they volunteer with, or ...
- Networking mornings – Volunteer Managers Our regular Networking Mornings for Volunteer Managers return in a couple of weeks. You can book to attend either on Monday 14 November or Thursday 17 November, from 9.30 to 12.30.
- FareShare Employability Training FareShare is currently recruiting for volunteers for its new employability programme starting Wednesday 26th October. The programme offers volunteering opportunities to young people aged 16-25 that are interested in a career in warehousing. The programme is 6 weeks, 2 days per week.
- VIO Tasters for Disabled People Can your VIO provide a taster session for Volunteer Glasgow’s Volunteering Works for Disabled People?
- Proving Volunteering Works…. Our Volunteering Works programme encourages volunteering as an employability boosting route.
- Come Up & See Us Some Time! From 26th September Volunteer Glasgow’s drop in will be open Tues, Wed and Thurs. Come visit us on these days and discover new opportunities for you.
- Hate Crime Awareness Training opportunity XChange Scotland is hosting a training session on Thursday 13th October as part of Hate Crime Awareness Week, aimed at supporting and inspiring practitioners and group/community leaders to tackle sectarianism and discrimination, and to promote empathy in an appropriate way to the groups they are working with. Please click here for more info