Advertise for volunteers
How good is our advertising service?
- “We advertised for bookstore assistants through volunteerglasgow.org and within 2 weeks we were inundated with enquiries from potential volunteers! It was fabulous.” – Gillian, Oxfam
- In the year to 31 March, 94% of groups, organisations and clubs rated our opportunity advertising services as ‘good’ or ‘excellent’, and 51% of all those groups’ new volunteers came from Volunteer Glasgow services.
So how does it work?
- The service is free of charge as it is part funded by Glasgow City Council and Scottish Government.
- By advertising once through Volunteer Glasgow an opportunity advert appears automatically on multiple websites including volunteerglasgow.org, volunteerscotland.net, myworldofwork.co.uk, aliss.org, and the new Reach Out mobile app supported by ScotRail. In addition, opportunities are highlighted to all the Glasgow 2014 “Clydesiders” and Ceremonies Cast volunteers that are using Volunteer Scotland’s ‘my volunteer account’ and to over 2300 partner agency and individual direct subscribers via the volunteerglasgow.org blog, Facebook, Twitter, RSS and e-bulletins.
- The reach of opportunity adverts is considerably enhanced by social media ‘shares’ particularly via Facebook, Twitter and our blog posts (3,702 shares via ShareThis.com on the blog alone).
- In the same 12 months there were 66,896 unique visitors to volunteerglasgow.org, with 10,536 registrations of interest in advertised opportunities just via the web forms.
- And we provided information and guidance to 4,369 people face-2-face and via email/phone.
What’s the next step?
Benefit from Big Business support
- Scores of teams hit this website every year looking for one-off/event opportunities
- Click here for more info, to advertise your ‘challenges’ to these teams, and to find out how to make connections!
Volunteer Glasgow is proud to be working with Glasgow 2018 European Championships