Advertise for volunteers
“We advertised for bookstore assistants through volunteerglasgow.org and within 2 weeks we were inundated with enquiries from potential volunteers! It was fabulous.” – Gillian, Oxfam
- Please take a few minutes to tell us about your group and the volunteers you need on this web page form. We’ll get back to you within 3 working days to discuss your volunteering needs and ask for information on the specific roles you want to promote. Please note: we can only advertise opportunities that can be done in Glasgow or that benefit Glasgow residents.
- If you have registered with us before as a group/organisation/club then you can – if you wish – complete the full opportunity details form (MS Word doc format) instead and return it to us for any new or existing opportunity updates. If you need any help please contact us. You should use a separate form for each opportunity. Please refer to our Opportunity Guidance notes (PDF format)
Subject to any queries we may have, we will advertise your opportunities to potential volunteers for FREE via this website – volunteerglasgow.org – and volunteerscotland.org.uk, and via our blog and RSS feeds with subscribers including partner agency websites, Facebook fans, Twitter followers etc. We respond to thousands of individual enquiries each year from potential volunteers and in addition there are around 100,000 searches online for opportunities.
Benefit from big business support
Could your community group or charity benefit from a team of volunteers for the day? Increasing numbers of large employers in both the private and public sectors are offering their workforce time off to volunteer. Very often this involves teams of staff looking for one-off/event opportunities in areas such as fundraising, practical/DIY and environmental work.
Look around: what needs done? If you can get a company’s team involved for a one-off, it might lead to an ongoing partnership offering a variety of mutual benefits over a period of time. Download & complete this form to tell us what you need done (MS Word format).
Improve your profile
Once you’ve successfully registered an opportunity, we will automatically list it on this website on our blog – and on any other that subscribes to our RSS feeds – under “latest opportunities“.
We can also:
- Highlight it on this website – and on any other that subscribes to our RSS feeds – as “urgently required”, if appropriate.
- Ask colleagues at VDS to put up an item on the “Latest news” section of www.volunteerscotland.org.uk if it is deemed to be of regional/national relevance (and subject to availability!).
- Email registered volunteers with an interest in the same type of opportunity with the details should they be interested: we normally have over 3000 people registering with us each year as potential volunteers. On request, and subject to availability.
- If your opportunity is a one-off/for an event – and is looking for more than 5 people – we will highlight it on this website (and others via RSS feeds) to increasing numbers of large employers looking for one-off, team volunteering opportunities.
- Give you advice on other recruitment methods.
- Book you onto our next half day “Recruiting Volunteers” workshop – part of the Complete Volunteer Manager Training Series (fee may apply).