Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)Get the most
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Mindfulness and Meditation Offer Would you like someone to come and deliver free mindfulness and meditation sessions at your organisation? We have been contacted by a lovely mindfulness and meditation teacher who is looking for an organisation where she can come and deliver an 8 week course in October. The course will consist of 8 weeks of mindfulness and meditation ...
- Request for Group Volunteer taster Can your V.I.O host a one-off group volunteering taster experience?
- Get The Idea – Volunteer – Team Offer! Ideagen PLC has a team of volunteers that would like to volunteer with a charity for 1 day between 1st – 7th June. Up to 10 willing helpers are available to help with tasks such as: providing help with conservation areas, tidying up local parks, painting and maintaining parks, local schools outdoor areas, assisting at ...
- Could you host a Wellbeing Workshop?! Volunteer Glasgow Needs You! To celebrate Volunteers’ Week, we are hoping to provide activities which promote well being for our volunteers and members of the public coming to use our drop in service. Volunteers’ Week is an opportunity to say thank you to all of Glasgow’s wonderful volunteers and what better way to say thank you ...
- Volunteer Coordinator Networking Events! Spring is in the air and we are looking forward to the next round of Networking Mornings at Volunteer Glasgow in May. We are taking bookings now!
- Needing some help with your admin? Is your organisation needing some extra help with your admin? Chris from Momentum is currently working with a service user and is having difficulty finding them a suitable volunteering role. If someone at your organisation has epilepsy training and you could provide a volunteering admin role, please get in touch with Chris by filling in the ...
- 3C Community Choices Canal Fund is now open The 3C panel invite you to apply to help make Canal Ward a better place. They have £200,000 to invest in the community and are looking for local people, community groups and voluntary sector organisations who can provide activities, ideas and services to improve employability in the Canal area.
- The Best Remedy is Helping Others! Glaxo Smith Kline has a team of 8 employees ready to roll their sleeves up and help out a charitable organisation in Glasgow. The group are keen to work with the homeless, older people, conservation, environment or any community projects. Do you need a big hall painted or a garden dug over or maintained? Could you ...