Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Do more with more people volunteering
Plan now to realise a Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games legacy, and harness the ‘goodwill surplus’.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Newbies to IT A class where you will learn how to touch type, word process, email, attach documents and volunteer opportunities and job searches. The class runs 2 hours per week on Tuesdays 10 am to 12 at Volunteer Glasgow, Abbey House, 10 Bothwell Street, G2 6LU. Min age 16
- Audio and Technical Skills On Offer Great news! A fully qualified Music Technology graduate has been in touch to say that he would like to offer up his skills and expertise to any organisation in need! Since graduating, David has further developed his skills in roles such as internships at the BBC including the One Show and Radio 5. Perhaps audio technology ...
- £4000 For Your Community Project Home assistance provider HomeServe launches campaign by giving local good causes the chance to secure a facilities makeover. A team of Scotland-based HomeServe engineers will support the project with their DIY, plumbing and drainage skills Leading home assistance provider HomeServe is giving one lucky community group in Glasgow the chance to get its hands on up ...
- VIO Tasters for Disabled People Can your VIO provide a taster session for Volunteer Glasgow’s Volunteering Works for Disabled People?
- The question every Volunteer Manager dreads (and a new way to answer it)
- Funding for community organisations and community councils Deadline 31st Aug. For local projects via participatory budgeting!
- A Team for September This team are offering up an entire day of team volunteering this September. This gang of volunteers are keen to get stuck in and help out any organisation who can come up with a task that they need doing. The 12 members of this team are open to suggestions and are looking for you to ...
- The 14 Team Fourteen volunteers ready, willing and able to take on a challenge of your choice! By their own admission, they are willing to ‘give most things a try’ and feel like they are ‘up for a challenge’. What do you need help with at your organisation? What task do you have on your to-do-list that would ...