Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)Get the most from VG
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Re-opening post lockdown advice As organisations are starting to re-open premises after lockdown, there are many questions/issues to consider regarding safeguarding advice. We have shared some links to useful resources and shared some of our own measures that we will implement.
- Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter; calling all Third Sector Organisations in Glasgow! Volunteer Glasgow had originally put out a call for Registrations of Interest for Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter (GVC) in May this year. With hindsight we understand that many Glasgow Third Sector Organisations may not have been in a position to make initial Registrations of Interest for Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter at the time due to Covid-19 protocols. ...
- COVID19 Volunteering; Information for Volunteer Managers Happy Volunteers’ Week to all! We thought this was an appropriate week to take a breath, gather our thoughts on a range of issues facing volunteer involving organisations across the city and provide some hopefully helpful thoughts, advice and guidance. We hope you agree! We will update and recirculate this blog as and when we have new ...
- The Importance of Volunteering …for Covid-19, recovery and beyond Paul, Kirsty, Suzanne and David reflect on some of the key issues we all need to consider if we want to build on the incredibly positive volunteering responses to the pandemic, to manage an effective recovery and achieve a fairer, wellbeing economy. Thank you! As we celebrate national Volunteers Week, we hope you ...
- Sew nice to have your support – Volunteer Special Offer! Julie is offering her skills as a machinest to help make or sew protective equipment such as visors or scrubs for frontline staff during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Up to 30 Days of Assistance – Team Offer There’s a team of 5 workers from the Home Office who can offer between them 25-30 days (or nights) volunteering to any charity or community organisation in Glasgow who needs a bit of help. The team are willing to work weekends and/or night shifts and will consider any task that needs done. They can’t help with money ...
- 60 Pairs of Willing Hands – Covid 19 Assistance St Andrew’s First Aid would like to offer assistance with any efforts to support individuals in their local communities throughout Glasgow during the Covid-19 outbreak. They are a volunteer-led organisation, with groups who meet throughout the city. The organisation has 60 volunteers who are willing to undertake roles wherever they are needed. The volunteers aren’t looking to ...
- Update: Coronavirus (Covid-19) and Glasgow’s response 17th April – emerging needs and developments