Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Get on The Right Track! – Team Offer Ann from Network Rail has been in touch. They still have spaces in their volunteering programme for teams of employees to volunteer with community groups and/or charities in Glasgow who need some tasks done. If you would like to make use of this offer please complete the form below and send it to Ann. Dates ...
- Volunteering Works! Our Volunteering Works Program encourages volunteering as an employability progression route.
- Attention Volunteer Managers! Networking mornings coming up in November…. Come and join other Volunteer Managers for a morning of group support and problem-solving at our last networking sessions for 2017!
- Avoid your worst PVG nightmare Be confident about your legal responsibilities for making a referral to Disclosure Scotland when a child or protected adult has been harmed or placed at risk of harm: free expert info session, facebook LIVE, 30th October.
- Be a young sport! Glasgow Sport and the GSYouthPanel are recruiting for young sport leaders. As a volunteer you will be able to benefit from their training which will provide you with new skills and enthusiasm of sport. Min age 14
- Our new, improved digital services are open for business If you are currently advertising opportunities with Volunteer Glasgow, then you need to read this!
- Photographer: Volunteer Special Offer Jamie is a Photographer specialising in Reportage in covering the human aspects and interaction in every day life. He also has experience of Social Photography for all occasions and events which he captures in a reporting style which is applicable to any group or individual.
- Get Ready for Autumn and Grab A Grant! If you are thinking of creating or improving a local green space for Autumn or want to create habitats for wildlife over winter, then apply now for a Volunteering Matters Action Earth grant.