Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Here To Help – Team Offer Patricia and her team mates at Redefine BDL Hotels are waiting to hear from any organisations who have a task that needs to be done. There are enough people to make two or three teams so the bigger the project the better. The teams are available for a few hours on November 16th and are ...
- FareShare Employability Training FareShare is currently recruiting for volunteers for its new employability programme starting Wednesday 26th October. The programme offers volunteering opportunities to young people aged 16-25 that are interested in a career in warehousing. The programme is 6 weeks, 2 days per week.
- 30 Willing Hands – Team Offer MSD have 30 willing helping hands keen to assist any community group or voluntary organization who have a big task (or 2) that needs to be done. The employees have a weekday available where they can split into two teams and help you to achieve goals. The team will consider anything – but have ...
- Barclays Team Offer Barclays can supply at least two people between 9am-6pm any weekday during October and November to support your organisation’s work. We have 150+ staff with a range of skills and interests, so we can handle any challenge! Please get in touch if you have events or specific activities tasks that your organisation needs help with. ...
- VIO Tasters for Disabled People Can your VIO provide a taster session for Volunteer Glasgow’s Volunteering Works for Disabled People?
- Proving Volunteering Works…. Our Volunteering Works programme encourages volunteering as an employability boosting route.
- Come Up & See Us Some Time! From 26th September Volunteer Glasgow’s drop in will be open Tues, Wed and Thurs. Come visit us on these days and discover new opportunities for you.
- Hate Crime Awareness Training opportunity XChange Scotland is hosting a training session on Thursday 13th October as part of Hate Crime Awareness Week, aimed at supporting and inspiring practitioners and group/community leaders to tackle sectarianism and discrimination, and to promote empathy in an appropriate way to the groups they are working with. Please click here for more info