Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)Get the most from VG
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Team Challenges – At Your Convenience If you are a team of people looking for a 1 day volunteering challenge – Scottish Canals may be able to accommodate your request. Just contact John or Carol by completing the form below and we’ll get in touch to arrange the dates. Volunteering Activities available deliver benefits in the following areas Communities and Regeneration Environment and Heritage Learning ...
- ATTENTION Volunteer Managers Networking Events! We are now taking bookings for the next round of our Networking Mornings for Volunteer Managers on the 26th and 28th November.
- #TrusteeWeek On the last day of #trusteeweek we want to thank our amazing board and the board/trustee/committee members across the city that give their skills, knowledge, time and effort to keep organisations thriving across the city! Read on to find out the current board/trustee roles that are available …
- Need volunteers over Christmas? 🎁 The inquiries are starting flooding in from potential volunteers excited and ready to contribute time during the season of goodwill. Tell us about any volunteering needs you have so we can promote it and connect people with you.
- Fund for Practical Environmental Activities The Action Earth campaign, run by national charity Volunteering Matters, has just celebrated the one millionth hour of volunteering time given by volunteers on its funded projects this decade. The campaign, which is funded by Scottish Natural Heritage, offers easy to access grants of up to £500 for practical environmental activities.
- Adventures on Offer! Are you part of a group of people who would benefit from guided walk or cycling experience? Do you work with people with mental health issues, physical disabilities, learning disabilities or just any other group that you feel would benefit from this type of activity? Macs Adventures staff have a great deal of experience of walking ...
- New Drop In Hours At Volunteer Glasgow From Tuesday 1st October – Volunteer Glasgow’s drop in hours are changing. Tuesday: morning drop-in – 10.30 – 12.30pm Tuesday: afternoon drop-in – 1.30pm – 4pm Wednesday: morning drop-in – 10.30 – 12.30pm Wednesday: afternoon drop-in 1.30pm – 4pm Thursday: morning drop-in – 10.30am ...
- Introducing our New Toolkit! Organisations that provide services to individuals and groups who require a little extra support may want to take up this free offer from Volunteer Glasgow. Volunteer Glasgow has developed a Toolkit & Trainers Workshop for staff members to run interactive participative workshops for their service users. The toolkit and workshop is free of charge to public and ...