Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Take Your Pick – HSBC At Your Service – Team Offer(s) Ashley from HSBC has contacted Volunteer Glasgow to let us know that they have teams of 10 – 12 people on dates throughout the year available at your service. If you are a voluntary organization, charity or community group with a big task you don’t have time to do yourself – perhaps Ashley and her workmates ...
- Ideas to help you achieve Volunteering Charter pledges Be inspired by a number of examples of proven ways of creating and expanding volunteering in other organisations and of making opportunities more inclusive. Examples from CHAS, the NHS InS:PIRE programme, Glasgow Homelessness Network, Glasgow Life, Hidden Gardens and the Food Train include family volunteering, young people under 16, peer support/advocacy, equalities processes, achieving ...
- Team Offer! FPSG has a team of around 25-30 staff who wish to give their time to any community based activity – indoors or out – on Friday 22nd September during office hours. The team is happy to be sub-divided so please feel free to contact them if you could use their support.
- Nominate an Outstanding Young Volunteer Do you know a young person (aged 12-25) who has made an outstanding contribution to volunteering in Glasgow? Do they always go above and beyond and exceed expectations?
- Volunteering can work for you! Our Volunteering Works Programme will help improve your Employability prospects! Please complete the details form below and we’ll get back to you within one working day (Monday-Friday)
- Allianz Team Offer! Allianz Insurance has a team of around 25 people looking to volunteer during office hours in April or May. They are looking for an activity they can do together as a whole team, such as clear up of a garden or painting an area. the group will be available for the entire day and can ...
- New DWP guidance on volunteering… …for welfare benefits claimants published today! Brilliant news. This is a massive step forward, making it easier for people to volunteer, knowing where they stand.
- Volunteering and DWP Welfare Benefits New, updated DWP guidance to be published next week to clarify people’s position.