Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Support for your organisation! A team of 8 people from HMRC is looking to support a community project or initiative anywhere in the Glasgow region for a period of up to 3 days, preferably over a 3 week period on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday before July. The team is up for a new challenge so feel free to ...
- Strengthen your Board! Find the Trustees and Directors you need to sustain and develop your organisation by advertising for free with us here at Volunteer Glasgow
- Clear Out The Cobwebs with HSBC – Team Offer Does your list of New Year resolutions include some of those long put off tasks? Need some help? Ashley from HSBC has contacted Volunteer Glasgow to let us know that they have teams of 7 – 12 people on the following dates in February & March: February 6th, 13th, 14th, 20th March 6th, 15th If you are a voluntary ...
- #YOYP2018 – Let’s celebrate our young volunteers As you all know 2018 is Year of Young People across Scotland, so what better time to celebrate the commitment and energy of your young volunteers by nominating them for a Saltire Summit Award – an award for outstanding contribution. Winners are chosen by a panel of their peers, with each nomination considered carefully, on its ...
- 2017 Impact Report A huge thank you to everyone that worked with us to achieve so much!
- National recognition for adults volunteering? Is there a need for a national scheme to better recognise everyone over the age of 25 that volunteers to support public and third sector organisations making Scotland fairer, healthier, and smarter? And, if so, what should it look like? Read our short, interim report on what people have told us and what we’re proposing to do ...
- Christmas for Everyone at the Glasgow Missions The Lodging House Mission in East Campbell Street is offering a free Christmas meal to those who will be alone over the festive period. The meal will be served from 12pm. (The Lodging House Mission cannot cater for children and ask that only adults attend) The City Mission have opened their Winter Night Shelter at the ...
- Team offer: Cardinal Winning Secondary 25 students aged 13-15yrs old looking to learn a new skill and provide a service to the community are looking for an opportunity to support your organisation between January and March next year!