Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)Get the most
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Glide Across The Clyde on a Zip Slide! Glasgow’s Gollden Generation is hoping for lots of volunteers to step up and help them raise funds whilst having a great deal of fun. Interested? Click the link for an exciting opportunity to Glide Across The Clyde On A Zip Slide! Glide Across The Clyde
- ***Extended Deadline*** 😅 😅 If, like us here at Volunteer Glasgow, you were so busy celebrating your volunteers last week and haven’t had time to submit your Summit Award nomination(s), fear not, we have extended the deadline to 5pm next Wednesday (19th June). The Summit Award is for a young volunteer aged 12-25 who has made an outstanding ...
- Need help advertising with us? We are running a workshop monthly to support opportunity providers with using the system. There will be demonstrations, one to one support and lots of tips on making your volunteering advertisements the best they can be. Next one will be the 8th July 2019, 2pm-4pm.
- Request for V.I.O. group volunteer taster session. Can your V.I.O host a one-off group volunteering taster experience?
- Glasgow City Wide Volunteering Works Programme. We are recruiting candidates for our upcoming June – July 2019, Glasgow City Wide Volunteering Works Programme If you are 18+ why not discover volunteering as an employability route. Candidates can realize that their volunteering can be a positive route back into future employment in the completion of SQA Employability Award Level 4 All sessions are held ...
- 10 – 20 – 30 or more – Your Choice – Team Offer Fantastic team opportunity has just came in to Volunteer Glasgow. Succession Wealth 2019 has 60 employees keen to help local community groups or charities on 21st June 2019. The team is happy to split into groups of 10 or 20 or 30 or any other number that suits your requirements. They are happy to do any task ...
- Helping to the Maxx – Team Offer Charities seeking a team to undertake a big task for them – can contact Richard and Scott from TK Maxx. There are 12 employees who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do something in the community during August or September. The team are up for anything including manual labour, painting, gardening or any ...
- Nominate an outstanding young volunteer 🙋♀️🙋♂️⭐️☀️ Do you know a young volunteer (12-25 years old) who makes an outstanding contribution? Do they go above and beyond in their volunteering? Then why not thank them by nominating them for a Saltire Summit Award! The prestigious Saltire Summit Award is given to young volunteers who are considered to have exceeded expectations, who really shine. ...