Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Do more with more people volunteering
Plan now to realise a Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games legacy, and harness the ‘goodwill surplus’.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Peter Vardy is here to help! We care about giving back to the communities in which we serve and are not afraid to get our hands dirty! We have a team of around 10-20 enthusiastic volunteers who can help with painting, gardening and doing a general tidy up.
- SSE team Offer SSE would like to offer a team of around 10-15 volunteers to help out one or more lucky volunteer-involving organisation or charity, possibly over a period of 2-3 days, preferably outdoors as its Summer time!
- Recruit Young Adult Volunteers. Can you open your doors more to younger enthusiastic volunteers?
- Experienced Translator/Interpreter Abusaief has an MSc in translation and interpreting from Herriot Watt University, plus experience.
- Happy Volunteers’ Week! A very big thank you to everyone that has volunteered their time, energy and skills over the last year. And if you’re an organisation in the public or third sectors, look out for more information this week on the launch of Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter.
- Book Your Task with Balfour Beatty – Team Offer. Balfour Beatty Engineering Construction has a team of 10 willing volunteers ready to take on the tasks your charity needs to have done. The group would love to do something that would benefit the local community, so a bit of painting, a bit of gardening, clearing parks of weeds, cleaning a stock room – or indeed ...
- Back In The Game – Here To Serve – Team Offer Attention all charities and community groups, especially those of you who have previously responded to this post. This team previously made an offer – but due to circumstances beyond their control – they were unable to carry it out at the stated time. HOWEVER – they are now ready to roll – so get your ...
- Networking mornings – Volunteer Managers Our regular Networking Mornings for Volunteer Managers return in May. You can choose to book to attend on Tuesday 17 May or Friday 20 May, from 9.30 to 12.30, followed by a light lunch and an informal opportunity to network. Both events will be held in Victim Support’s Training Room, 3rd floor (two ...