Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Still Spaces on Networking Mornings! Our regular Networking Mornings for Volunteer Managers are back next week and there are still a few places available.
- Photographer: Volunteer Special Offer Jamie is a Photographer specialising in Reportage in covering the human aspects and interaction in every day life. He also has experience of Social Photography for all occasions and events which he captures in a reporting style which is applicable to any group or individual.
- Get Ready for Autumn and Grab A Grant! If you are thinking of creating or improving a local green space for Autumn or want to create habitats for wildlife over winter, then apply now for a Volunteering Matters Action Earth grant.
- Spread the Word! Spread the Rainbow! Alison at the Rainbow Care Volunteer Project on the South side of Glasgow is looking for a 6 – 8 volunteers to deliver leaflets throughout the area. The project offers befriending services to people over 50 years of age. Individuals are welcome to apply as are corporate teams looking for a team building task. Volunteers ...
- Catherine Walker Everyone at Volunteer Glasgow was greatly shocked and saddened when we received the news last week of the sudden passing of our dear friend Catherine Walker
- Art & Craft Special Offer Graham is looking to share his skills and experience. Being a creative thinker who is always willing to step outside the box and try new approaches, Graham is keen to offer his free time, join your team and help for a good cause.
- Take Your Pick – HSBC Team Offer Ashley from HSBC has contacted Volunteer Glasgow to let us know that they have teams of 10 – 12 people on dates throughout the year available at your service. If you are a voluntary organization, charity or community group with a big task you don’t have time to do yourself – perhaps Ashley and her workmates ...
- Our New Digital Platform Launches in September After 4 years of your feedback, battling existing national systems, negotiating changes in funding conditions, and specifying requirements, we will be offering a new, free advertising service to volunteer-involving organisations in Glasgow from September. If you are currently advertising opportunities with us, there are a couple of things you will need to do between ...