Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)Get the most
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- Happy To Help – Team Offer Network Rail has a group of employees who have volunteering days they would like to use. Teams of between 5 – 10 people are available at different times throughout the year (larger teams can be arranged if necessary). So if you are a charity or community group with a big task you just can’t find time to ...
- Running for intandem Our amazing volunteer mentor Ian Hudson has decided to run the Great Scottish Run half marathon this September, and will be doing so to raise much needed funds for our intandem youth mentoring service. Please offer your support to Ian by sponsoring what you can!
- Admin Support for your organisation! True is a resourceful, experienced administrator available every day, Monday to Friday, for up to 16 hours, starting from 1st September.
- ATTENTION Volunteer Manager Networking! We are now taking bookings for the next round of our Networking Mornings for Volunteer Managers on the 27th August and 5th September.
- Get ready for your Close-Up! Special Offer! Erin is a photography student who is hoping to hear from charities and community groups across Glasgow who may need a photographer for the day! She will provide all her own equipment and will take photographs of your event – all she asks in return is her travel costs! Erin is available anytime until 16th September. After ...
- Volunteer Glasgow’s first Annual Silent Auction! It is our pleasure to invite you to bid on our upcoming online silent auction, “it’s made a big difference.” Help us raise funds to support our mentoring and befriending services and our work to connect people to volunteering opportunities.
- Relianz on Allianz – Team Offer Excellent team offer has just came in. Charities and community groups please read on…….. Allianz Insurance have 30 willing pairs of hands on offer to help out charities or community groups in the Glasgow area. The group are quite willing to split into 3 or 4 teams if required and will consider any task (except fundraising) – ...
- Can I volunteer if I’m claiming welfare benefits? In 2017, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) published up-to-date guidance on volunteering for all welfare benefit claimants following a co-design process in Scotland. The guidance was in the form of a PDF document. Two years later, a refreshed version of the guidance has now been published on Monday by the DWP for use across ...