Helping you find and manage volunteers
If your club, community group, organisation, event or charity needs volunteers – or needs help inspiring, managing or retaining them – then this is the place to be. Volunteer Glasgow and our partners have a range of services to offer and there are many ways in which we can help.
How to get the most out of Volunteer Glasgow – view/download/print an updated summary of our services for organisers, volunteer managers, groups and clubs (PDF format, 239kb)
Advertise for free and find the volunteers you need
It’s now even easier to give us volunteer role/opportunity details so that we can advertise them free of charge . With approx 100,000 online opportunity searches every year, plus 1,000s of people phoning, emailing or dropping in to find out where they can do some voluntary work, you can’t afford not to use the FREE registration/advertising service.
Managing volunteers effectively
Online resources and contacts for further help – there are plenty of excellent information sheets, guides, tool kits, sample policies and documents available to download to help you with managing volunteers; and we’ve listed contact details for other useful guides that can be ordered. How volunteer friendly are you really? Use the process of signing up for the national Volunteer Friendly Award to review just how good you are; find out more about the gold standard Investing in Volunteers award; if you’re from a sports club, are you good enough for the Clubmark award? And if you’re running a youth group/club you might want to try the ‘Raising your Game‘tool kit. Support, Networking and Training – managing/co-ordinating volunteers can often be a crucial but isolated role: we provide 1-2-1 assistance for people in Glasgow; you can subscribe and contribute to our regular email bulletins and blogs; we facilitate networking and action-planning events; and we provide programmed and bespoke training workshops. Evaluation, Impact & Policy – what difference does volunteering make to your group, club or organisation? And your members, the people and communities you serve? How can you prove it, evidence it, and make a better case for resourcing it?
Time Credits: galvanise, organise and deliver
We’ve published a research and consultation report with recommendations on how the mechanism of ‘timebanking’ can reshape how Glasgow cares for our older people. It reviews the health benefits, the economic case, and has recommended how further Change Fund investment can provide a mechanism for addressing one of the most pressing issues facing Glasgow.
Latest News for volunteer involving groups/clubs/organisations:
- intandem funding and vacancy Volunteer Glasgow is seeking to appoint a Mentoring Support Worker as a result of its involvement in intandem: Scotland’s mentoring programme for young people.
- Call the Paparazzi! Calling all volunteer-involving organisations who might wish to take advantage of professional photography skills this festive season and beyond! Perhaps you have a special event coming up and would like somebody with the right experience and skills to document it? Raj is a professional photographer available to volunteer his skills any evening, as well as ...
- Spread a little joy this festive season Friends of the Elderly and Community Christmas are calling on hundreds of people to Be a Friend by organising a local Christmas activity, so no older person will be alone on Christmas Day, unless they want to be.
- Anytime*Anyplace*Anywhere – Team Offer Attention community groups and charities!! Willie and 13 of his colleagues at Education Scotland would like to come and volunteer for your organization for a day. This group of enthusiastic people will consider any task and look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible. To respond to this email please contact Willie by completing ...
- Ye Canny Whack An ACCA – Team Offer!! Chris and his colleagues from ACCA (11 in total) would love to volunteer as a team for a charity or community group in Glasgow. The task could take place between December 2016 & March 2017. An outdoor activity would be preferred and disabled access is required as there is a member of the group who ...
- Doo Doo Tron Tron Tron – Doo Doo Tron Tron!! Tron St Mary’s community project in Balornock asks if there is a team of 3 willing volunteers to help them paint a multi purpose creche/small meeting room. The task will be to prepare the walls and emulsion them, prepare the doors, skirting and other woodwork and paint with gloss. This task can be undertaken on any ...
- Special Offer – This Team of 15 Are Loco-Motivated Network Rail are usually accustomed to running, maintaining and developing rail tracks up and down the country. However, they’ve recently got in touch to say that they are offering up 15 of their finest staff members to contribute to an entire days volunteering. What does your community organisation or project have that needs doing? Whatever ...
- Proving Volunteering Works…. Our Volunteering Works programme encourages volunteering as an employability progression route.