What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser so that a website can remember a visitor if they visit another page or come back to the website at a later date. Cookies are very common, contain only text values and cannot contain or install viruses or any kind of malware.
Our cookie usage
The cookies used on this website are for the following purposes only:
- Analytics — This lets us know how many visitors are coming to our site, how many are new or repeat visitors, which pages they are looking at, which browser they are using, and how they arrived on the site (e.g. via a search engine or via a link on another website)
- Social Media — We sometimes use Social Media (such as Facebook and Twitter) buttons so that our visitors can share our content on their favourite social networks. These also require cookies.
- Logins & Content Management — These cookies are set by our Content Management System for the purposes of staff logins, testing and other essential website management.
- Other media – embedded media such as video and maps may also require a cookie to be set
- A persistant cookie is also set when you close and hide the cookie alert message; this is so it does not appear every time you visit.
How to change cookie settings or delete your cookies
Here are some links to information on how to manage cookies with the most popular browsers: