Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter
Glasgow faces a range of challenges, but we’ve shown that the city can take advantage of opportunities and achieve outstanding success, often developing innovative ways to do so.
We’ve been very successful at increasing people’s interest in volunteering but we need more quality, accessible opportunities for more people to get involved.
We have some fantastic examples of inclusive volunteering opportunities developed by organisations in both the third and public sectors, but the available data also shows that people in Glasgow seem to volunteer less than the rest of Scotland.
Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter offers a new, strategic programme which will enable more organisations to involve more people who can support their work with time, energy, and skills.
Can your own organisation register for the Charter, use the available support services and work towards one or more of the Charter pledges?
As a Charter signatory, you will commit your organisation to…
- Create and expand appropriate opportunities for volunteering within your organisation,
- Ensure your opportunities are accessible to all sections of the community, and that your volunteering workforce reflects the demographics of the city,
Register for the Charter
We need to know a little bit about you and your organisation. Click here to register for the Charter.
Latest Charter news and resources
- Ideas to help you achieve Volunteering Charter pledges Be inspired by a number of examples of proven ways of creating and expanding volunteering in other organisations and of making opportunities more inclusive. Examples from CHAS, the NHS InS:PIRE programme, Glasgow Homelessness Network, Glasgow Life, Hidden Gardens and the Food Train include family volunteering, young people under 16, peer support/advocacy, equalities processes, achieving ...
- New DWP guidance on volunteering… …for welfare benefits claimants published today! Brilliant news. This is a massive step forward, making it easier for people to volunteer, knowing where they stand.
- First organisations receive Volunteering Charter Mark Can your organisation also do more for your beneficiaries/community by involving more volunteers? More people are offering donations of time, skills, energy and expertise: you can harness their support!
- Volunteer Managers Networking mornings – dates for 2017 Save the date! – our regular Networking Mornings for Volunteer Managers return in 2017 and we’ve set the dates.
- Gathering Equality Data The basics, best practice and useful ideas …
- First organisations listed as Charter Signatories and their pledges are very interesting…
- Funding for more volunteering How to get the money you may need for increasing opportunities and supporting increased diversity.
- Charter Launch – videos and slides View and share the films, speeches and presentations at the launch of Glasgow’s Volunteering Charter – held in Glasgow City Chambers during Volunteers’ Week.
For more information
Please click on the links below or on the links in the Section Pages menu