Impact Report 2019
Transforming lives for the better
Here’s a summary of our achievements for the year. Please click on the links for more information on each of our Services.
You can also view and/or download a PDF copy of the full Impact Report: click here to see the PDF document
Supporting Volunteering throughout the city (and beyond)
- 95,191 web site visitors using free opportunity matching services.
- 6,838 people used our guidance, support, training and SQA Centre programmes.
- 97% of users rated our services as ‘excellent’ or ‘good’.
- To clarify the rules on volunteering for welfare benefit claimants across the UK, we facilitated partnership work with the Department for Work and Pensions in Scotland
- Click here for more on our Volunteering (Engagement and Inclusion) Services
- Click here for more on our Volunteering (Organisation Support & Development) Services
Mentoring and Befriending Services
- 133 children and young people directly supported by a community-based mentor/befriender
- An estimated £2.73 saved for the taxpayer for every £1.00 invested*
- 31 older people supported with home visiting and lunch club services
- We renewed our Quality in Befriending Award (as one of only five recipients currently with an ‘Excellent’ rating across the UK) and achieved the Scottish Mentoring Network Project Quality Award too!
- Click here for more on our Mentoring & Befriending Services
Carers Support Services
- 981 new assessments for unpaid carers and additional support services for many more.
- Click here for more on our services that transferred to new providers on 1st May 2019 by clicking here
Our Supporters, Finances and Governance
- We couldn’t have done any of this without people volunteering to deliver services or to raise cash or without the support of many funding organisations, donors, our members and Directors: our thanks to you all on behalf of every service user.
- Click here for more info on our supporters, finances, our audited accounts, and our new Strategic Plan for 2019-24
- Find out how to support our work with a donation by clicking here
- Find out how to become a member of Volunteer Glasgow by clicking here
* Cost-benefit analysis undertaken by Inspiring Scotland for the intandem programme across Scotland. For details click here to view the intandem evaluation report